Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10010556 times)

Starsky

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #52725 on: September 29, 2022, 03:21:06 pm »
But they haven’t added a second on the 10th…yet

Starsky

« Reply #52726 on: September 30, 2022, 11:40:34 am »
Fourth Seinfeld show added.

Biggest Anthem stand yet although since it’s seated we are talking about 12,000 tickets. Still, high average ticket price so the biggest stand yet at Anthem assuming they sell out.

I suppose they could even add more shows…

Who has biggest 930 stand? Thievery, right!? I think 5 consecutive nights.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 11:43:37 am by Starsky »

Starsky

« Reply #52727 on: September 30, 2022, 11:45:44 am »
Betty Who
Anthem
3-10

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #52728 on: September 30, 2022, 11:52:46 am »
It was a Wednesday-Sunday around Thanksgiving or year end, IIRC.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #52729 on: September 30, 2022, 01:50:59 pm »
It was a Wednesday-Sunday around Thanksgiving or year end, IIRC.

i seem to recall them doing this at least twice.
<sig>

bellenseb

« Reply #52730 on: September 30, 2022, 01:59:12 pm »
What's the deal with Jerry Seinfeld being a draw in 2022?

« Reply #52731 on: September 30, 2022, 02:21:58 pm »
What's the deal with Jerry Seinfeld being a draw in 2022?
Ever wonder how Jerry Seinfeld can tell a joke, then the very next show, tell the same joke...on the same night
I just don't get it
slack

Starsky

« Reply #52732 on: September 30, 2022, 02:32:01 pm »
I think it’s nostalgia…and people who liked the show in their 20s are now in their50s and the kids are either grown or older…. Also I don’t believe he has toured much

I always think the weakest part of the show is the standup at the beginning and end

Been rewatching the show with the kids and for me it’s still very funny although obviously dated…

Telling the same joke multiple times a night is an old tradition in comedy as they usually do multiple shows a night at comedy clubs….

I saw Jerry Seinfeld about 15 years ago in Baltimore.

« Reply #52733 on: September 30, 2022, 02:36:22 pm »
I think it’s nostalgia…

Jerry is huge, I think the wealthiest living comedian (although that doesn't actually make him funny, martin Lawrence is in the top 20)

both comments were told like how Jerry often starts a joke
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 02:44:29 pm by Cat5-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #52734 on: September 30, 2022, 02:39:42 pm »
Seinfeld is one of my favorite programs of all time and probably the thing I quote most in life. That said, Jerry Seinfeld isn't actually very good at standup. I've seen him twice -- he sucks. People talk about what a master of the craft he is but he's honestly not good. Comedians in Cars sucks. Everything he's every done, sans Seinfeld is utterly forgettable.

This is also true of Dave Chappelle. People are all up in arms over his specials for the transphobic stuff; how about being up in arms that he's fucking unfunny? He's great in sketch comedy. Chapelle Show was hysterical and incisive and of-the-moment. But he -- like Jerry Seinfeld -- has always sucked a standup. Stop pretending these people are good.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 02:42:21 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #52735 on: September 30, 2022, 03:09:15 pm »
I don’t think people base decision on seeing Seinfeld on how good a standup comedian he is…

That may not seem rational but it’s more about seeing or checking in with an old friend that made you laugh back in the good old days…

Space Freely

« Reply #52736 on: September 30, 2022, 03:20:10 pm »
Seinfeld is one of my favorite programs of all time and probably the thing I quote most in life. That said, Jerry Seinfeld isn't actually very good at standup. I've seen him twice -- he sucks. People talk about what a master of the craft he is but he's honestly not good. Comedians in Cars sucks. Everything he's every done, sans Seinfeld is utterly forgettable.

This is also true of Dave Chappelle. People are all up in arms over his specials for the transphobic stuff; how about being up in arms that he's fucking unfunny? He's great in sketch comedy. Chapelle Show was hysterical and incisive and of-the-moment. But he -- like Jerry Seinfeld -- has always sucked a standup. Stop pretending these people are good.

What standup comedians DO you find funny?

I quite enjoyed Chapelle's Netflix standup specials. I went back and watched his sketch show earlier this year (for the first time), and thought it sucked. But that's just me.

I'm also not sure how well Seinfeld the show has held up over time. But my brother insists on still watching it, along with that Ray Ramona show from 25 years ago and King of Queens.

Starsky

« Reply #52737 on: September 30, 2022, 03:22:57 pm »
Geezus the Ray show makes me want to kill myself.

« Reply #52738 on: September 30, 2022, 03:23:13 pm »
I'm also not sure how well Seinfeld the show has held up over time.
Netflix just paid $500 million for it
I'd say the demand is still strong
slack

« Reply #52739 on: September 30, 2022, 03:25:20 pm »
Geezus the Ray show makes me want to kill myself.
Ok Space got it confused but their is a Seinfeld connections
The King of Queens stars Kevin James and Leah Remini (also George constanza's dad Jerry Stiller)
yes this show made me want to stick and ice pick up my nose

Everybody Loves Raymond - who Ray Ramono is the star
interesting that Doris Roberts is in both of these horrible shows

whoa this is not a rabbit hole I wanted to go down, but wikipedia has her playing the same role, Marie Barone
on both

is one a spin off of the other?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 03:31:56 pm by Cat5-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack