Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10011386 times)

Space Freely

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #53790 on: April 04, 2023, 03:52:37 pm »
Jerry Harrison and Adrian Belew Remain in light
Lincoln
6-22

Conflict:My kid's birthday.

OMG you should take her! It's a great show!

No doubt it's a great show, but it's her birthday, not mine.

We're also flying to Portugal the next afternoon. So getting a lot of sleep that night will be a good thing.

« Reply #53791 on: April 04, 2023, 04:06:09 pm »
Jerry Harrison and Adrian Belew Remain in light
Lincoln
6-22

Conflict:My kid's birthday.
is that show sold out?
will their be a merch table ...jules this is where you list all the items at Spacette Jr's birthday party show
slack

Hutch

« Reply #53792 on: April 04, 2023, 05:17:50 pm »
Dang it again I will miss X as the Cure is that very day. Some things are just not meant to be!

Space Freely

« Reply #53793 on: April 04, 2023, 05:59:28 pm »
Dang it again I will miss X as the Cure is that very day. Some things are just not meant to be!

Spoon was tempting to me but I'm thinking  I will get some cheap StubHub tickets for Duran Duran for that night.

« Reply #53794 on: April 04, 2023, 06:54:55 pm »
I threw caution to the wind with my picks and checked the calendar when I got the confirmation email
X was on the short list but didn't make my cut...but that protected me from a cure conflict

hmm, YLT was pick #5...watch that be the only show I get
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 06:56:33 pm by IncludingAHat ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #53795 on: April 04, 2023, 09:41:32 pm »

I am absolutely blown away by this. Amazing.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #53796 on: April 04, 2023, 10:16:38 pm »
Agreed. I wonder who the 45th show will be tho.

Yada

« Reply #53797 on: April 04, 2023, 10:30:04 pm »

I am absolutely blown away by this. Amazing.

Same... what bearman said in the other thread rings true... I do wonder what this means for dc9, blackcat, songbyrd,  union stage, etc. I think there's hopefully room for everyone to stay afloat but pretty crowded at this point in the small venue space.

Space Freely

« Reply #53798 on: April 05, 2023, 07:27:22 am »

I can think of tons of bands I love that would draw in the 400-450 range. And often for whatever reason I see them skipping DC. I'll take one of those for the 45th show. Hopefully it won't cost $55.

Yada

« Reply #53799 on: April 05, 2023, 07:33:45 am »

I can think of tons of bands I love that would draw in the 400-450 range. And often for whatever reason I see them skipping DC. I'll take one of those for the 45th show. Hopefully it won't cost $55.

What bands often times skip DC?

Space Freely

« Reply #53800 on: April 05, 2023, 07:51:10 am »

Maybe I didn't say it correctly. What I meant was that often it happens that someone I'd like to see skips DC.

For example, Ezra Collective is playing six shows in NYC (also Boston, Montreal, and Chicago) and none in DC. Kamasi Washington is doing a May tour, with no DC stops.

Yada

« Reply #53801 on: April 05, 2023, 08:16:12 am »

Maybe I didn't say it correctly. What I meant was that often it happens that someone I'd like to see skips DC.

For example, Ezra Collective is playing six shows in NYC (also Boston, Montreal, and Chicago) and none in DC. Kamasi Washington is doing a May tour, with no DC stops.

Never heard of the former, but after 12 seconds of research they don't seem to be a group that would play the Atlantis... I think Kamasi falls into the same genre and has already outgrown the Atlantis...

Maybe Seth needs a jazz club.

Does hr57 still exist?

Hutch

« Reply #53802 on: April 05, 2023, 08:49:36 am »
Well NYC is a much bigger market so it’s always going to have a bit of a leg up but I gotta say I have never seen anything like these 44 shows…. There are some big time underplays here. An artist or two will be playing Merriweather around the same time they are playing Atlantis!

within IMP this new club will fulfill the role U St Hall once did…..but it’s going to be a much better venue and acts will want to play it. Acts whose popularity is decreasing also will have a nice place for their golden years.

The other thing I found interesting was Seth’s comment that it’s going to be heavily curated. I am guessing Atlantis isn’t going to be open every night just like U St Hall didn’t host IMP events every night. I don’t think they will open on non show nights.

Hutch

« Reply #53803 on: April 05, 2023, 09:00:47 am »

Well prices have noticeably gone up. Of everything. A box of Honey Nut Cheerios is $7.50 now. As I wrote earlier this week, in a post roundly ignored, TM is going to fold fees into price from January 1 so prices are going to seem even higher.

Space Freely

« Reply #53804 on: April 05, 2023, 09:03:48 am »

Never heard of the former, but after 12 seconds of research they don't seem to be a group that would play the Atlantis... I think Kamasi falls into the same genre and has already outgrown the Atlantis...

Maybe Seth needs a jazz club.

Does hr57 still exist?

They played U Street Music Hall.
https://www.jambase.com/show/ezra-collective-u-street-music-hall-20191203

They played Songbyrd.
https://www.jambase.com/show/ezra-collective-songbyrd-music-house-20190310

They played Rough Trade NYC:
https://www.jambase.com/show/ezra-collective-rough-trade-nyc-20190309

They played The Music Hall of Williamsburg:
https://www.jambase.com/show/ezra-collective-music-hall-of-williamsburg-20191206

What about them would not make them a good Atlantis candidate?