Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10594646 times)

Yada

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #54900 on: November 09, 2023, 12:02:56 pm »
Alanis

Space Freely

« Reply #54901 on: November 09, 2023, 12:07:27 pm »
New FBI building to be in Greenbelt

And Youngkin gets to cry hard two days in a row  :D

If you actually read your link, it's the Dems who are doing the crying.

“We’re deeply disappointed that despite the clear case that Virginia is the best home for the FBI, the Administration went a different direction,” Sens. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine said in a joint statement Wednesday night.

Rep. Gerry Connolly, whose district includes one of the potential sites in Fairfax County, echoed the Virginia senators’ criticism, saying that the GSA has “shamelessly caved to political pressure,” leading to the 11th-hour change by the agency of the criteria for site selection.

“We spent years appropriately criticizing the last Administration for politicizing the new FBI headquarters — only for a new Administration to come in and allow politics to taint the selection process,” Warner and Kaine said.

While Gov. Glenn Youngkin has participated in the push to bring the headquarters to Springfield in the past, he has not publicly commented on the decision. WTOP has reached out to the governor.

shemptiness

« Reply #54902 on: November 09, 2023, 12:17:20 pm »
Beach Fossils with MSPAINT
Ottobar
11/26

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #54903 on: November 09, 2023, 12:23:55 pm »
New FBI building to be in Greenbelt

And Youngkin gets to cry hard two days in a row  :D

If you actually read your link, it's the Dems who are doing the crying.

“We’re deeply disappointed that despite the clear case that Virginia is the best home for the FBI, the Administration went a different direction,” Sens. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine said in a joint statement Wednesday night.

Rep. Gerry Connolly, whose district includes one of the potential sites in Fairfax County, echoed the Virginia senators’ criticism, saying that the GSA has “shamelessly caved to political pressure,” leading to the 11th-hour change by the agency of the criteria for site selection.

“We spent years appropriately criticizing the last Administration for politicizing the new FBI headquarters — only for a new Administration to come in and allow politics to taint the selection process,” Warner and Kaine said.

While Gov. Glenn Youngkin has participated in the push to bring the headquarters to Springfield in the past, he has not publicly commented on the decision. WTOP has reached out to the governor.

Since it's a US government building, it only makes sense to get comments from US senators and congresspeople, who happen to be Democrats. Their Maryland Democratic colleagues are cheering, as are non-congressional Maryland reps and leaders. There is no doubt in my mind that Youngkin is a sad little boy today.
😐 🎶

« Reply #54904 on: November 09, 2023, 01:25:50 pm »
Alanis
with Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.
slack

nkotb

« Reply #54905 on: November 09, 2023, 01:31:14 pm »
Mary Timony

Ottobar 2/28
Black Cat 3/14

nkotb

« Reply #54906 on: November 09, 2023, 02:00:50 pm »
Sheer Mag
3/29
Songbyrd

Yada

« Reply #54907 on: November 09, 2023, 02:05:39 pm »
Hurray for the Riff Raff

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #54908 on: November 09, 2023, 11:11:19 pm »
As someone who lives in DC on the northern part of the Green Line, I am thrilled that Greenbelt was chosen for the new FBI HQ. Springfield would be much more inconvenient for me. The Greenbelt location, I believe, is much closer to the Metro station.

Not everything has to be in Virginia. I really like the Route 1 corridor. Happy they landed this.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #54909 on: November 09, 2023, 11:15:05 pm »
Springfield site to Metro = .5 mile
Greenbelt site to Metro = .1 mile

Greenbelt Metro is so close that they'll probably build a tunnel or covered bridge to the FBI.
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #54910 on: November 09, 2023, 11:41:07 pm »
As someone who lives in DC on the northern part of the Green Line, I am thrilled that Greenbelt was chosen for the new FBI HQ. Springfield would be much more inconvenient for me. The Greenbelt location, I believe, is much closer to the Metro station.

uhh... just how much time are you spending with the FBI, that you would care about where their HQ is???
<sig>

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #54911 on: November 10, 2023, 12:16:38 am »
Uhh... just how much time are you spending with the FBI, that you would care about where their HQ is???

The economic ramifications, duh. What a silly question. Please tell me you don't vote.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #54912 on: November 10, 2023, 05:09:04 am »
Uhh... just how much time are you spending with the FBI, that you would care about where their HQ is???

The economic ramifications, duh. What a silly question. Please tell me you don't vote.

please tell me you can lighten up.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 05:22:07 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

« Reply #54913 on: November 10, 2023, 08:06:38 am »
As someone who lives in DC on the northern part of the Green Line, I am thrilled that Greenbelt was chosen for the new FBI HQ. Springfield would be much more inconvenient for me.
The way you said this it sounded like you
1: work for FBI
2: stalk the FBI
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #54914 on: November 10, 2023, 08:09:33 am »

uhh... just how much time are you spending with the FBI, that you would care about where their HQ is???

"Springfield location is much closer for me." That would imply that he/she works for the FBI.