Author Topic: Ratatat  (Read 803 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Ratatat
« on: February 27, 2005, 03:14:00 pm »
i know there's a lot of ratatat haters on here, but the show last night was a lot of fun ...

they put so much energy into their sets ... during the encore about 40 people got up on stage with them, i'd say 90% of whom were under 20, taking camera phone pictures or calling their friend on their cell ... great idea, horrible execution ...

lot of younger kids there last night, actually, hadn't seen it like that at black cat in a while ...

openers were the double who were nothing to write home about, sounded like a poor man's interpol without the edge, some smiths influences in there too ... just way too derivative though, felt like i'd heard every song before, and in a better form
(o|o)

Jaguär

Re: Ratatat
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 06:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
  lot of younger kids there last night, actually, hadn't seen it like that at black cat in a while ...
So when will we see the clips on Pancake Mountain?   :D

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 02:44:00 pm »
that was a great show.  
 i noticed a lot of younger kids there too, it was kind of weird seeing that...
 i took camera phone pictures  :o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 08:01:00 pm »
Camera phones are the new lighters....at the Aslan show on friday most people were holding up camera phones during songs.

Aslan are a pretty good pub band by the way....but that's it, a pub band. Not sure what all the hullabaloo is about them, especially as they had just got some "lifetime achievement award" the night before. The singer thinks he's Richard Butler with his expressive artsy dancing to every song. Glad I went, but don't have to go again......ever!