Author Topic: ABBA - The Tour?  (Read 3725 times)

gm9928

ABBA - The Tour?
« on: April 23, 2008, 09:17:00 pm »
I just got a 9:30 e-mail with "W 6/18 & Th 6/19 ABBA - The Tour."  

Is this, like 'THE' Abba?

WTF?

wml7

Re: ABBA - The Tour?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 09:28:00 pm »
Yeah, we will probably see them at Vfest, right Seth????

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 09:53:00 pm »
it's a glorified cover band with some of the original members in the background:

Swedish vocal and instrumental group ABBA gained enormous success during the 1970s throughout Europe and the United States. Although the four original front members no longer tour, the group??s music is still as popular as ever, selling approximately two million records a year.

??ABBA The Tour? consists of the Swedish group Arrival and some of ABBA??s original musicians. They perform in identical clothes, have identical voices and create the right sound, motion and feeling. Arrival does everything possible to re-create a show as identical to ABBA as possible.

Arrival has toured in Sweden and all over the world including Denmark, Finland, Norway, Austria, Turkey, Australia, USA, Vietnam, China, Jamaica, Spain, France, Germany, Greece and many others. The band has performed on TV shows in many countries and held a large TV-recorded concert together with Robert Wells and his ??Rhapsody in Rock,? viewed to approximately 500 million people.

Arrival has been given permission to perform and record an unreleased ABBA song directly from Björn and Benny of ABBA.

The band also collaborates with ABBA??s clothing-designer to create exact copies of ABBA??s original clothing and is the only group in the world who has permission to copy the original clothing.

http://www.palacenet.com/default.asp?event=717

if this was the original band, you can be assured they'd be playing a much, much larger venue than the 930 club.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 09:56:00 pm »
Ace of Base

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 09:57:00 pm »
Wow. That's pretty sad when you have to resort to playing in your own cover band.

SPARX

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 10:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguar:
  Wow. That's pretty sad when you have to resort to playing in your own cover band.
Yep. Sad indeed. I did see a Kiss cover band once though in my small hometown. People were acting like they were the real thing. Pathetic.
 Moon Unit should start a Zappa/Beefheart cover band. The Magic band have already played without Don and I'm sure Frank wouldn't mind. Some things never cease to amaze me. Kinda like seeing The Doors without Morrison. No thanks.    :roll:      :eek:

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 10:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:
  Moon Unit should start a Zappa/Beefheart cover band. The Magic band have already played without Don and I'm sure Frank wouldn't mind.
Dweezil's already got that covered.

jetelo

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 10:46:00 pm »
This is the post of the year!! Excellent!

SPARX

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 11:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by beetsnotbeats:

Originally posted by SPARX:
  Moon Unit should start a Zappa/Beefheart cover band. The Magic band have already played without Don and I'm sure Frank wouldn't mind.
Dweezil's already got that covered. [/b]
Yes, but that's JUST Zappa tunes. He was at his best collaborating with Don IMHO. Bongo Fury, with songs like Man with the Woman Head. Genius.Sheer genius! Moon Unit in the role of Mr. Beefheart. Now there's a cover band reunion for you if ya ask me.

azaghal1981

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 12:30:00 am »
Grateful dead members have been doing it since 1996 and the hippies still continue to eat it up.

احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 12:31:00 am »
Grateful dead members have been doing it since 1996 and the hippies still continue to eat it up.

احمد

SPARX

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 12:48:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:

[/b]
Quite surprising. Grateful Dead enthusiasts aren't normally fanatical like that   ;)      :p

Jaguar

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 01:00:00 am »
They just don't know they're dead yet.

Stoners. Gotta love 'em if you have a good sense of humor. My favorites are the Canadian stoners. Nobody does stoner like a good Canadian stoner!

Econo, are you Canadian?   :D

azaghal1981

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 01:16:00 am »
I bet
 this show  would be right up your alley.

They just don't know they're dead yet.

Stoners. Gotta love 'em if you have a good sense of humor. My favorites are the Canadian stoners. Nobody does stoner like a good Canadian stoner!

Econo, are you Canadian?    :D  
احمد

Jaguar

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 01:23:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  I bet
 this show  would be right up your alley.

Not familiar with it. I thought it would lead to Trailer Park Boys which I love.