Author Topic: has anybody ever eaten at the dc improv?  (Read 1705 times)

walkonby

has anybody ever eaten at the dc improv?
« on: November 20, 2007, 03:34:00 pm »
going to see one of my favorites comedians there, and was contemplating eating dinner beforehand to get a good seat.  should i skip the idea and eat somewhere with better food (and please don't say the birchmere, though i feel that joke is over)?  and man, jaleo on 7th street really does suck.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
Re: has anybody ever eaten at the dc improv?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 03:36:00 pm »
i've eaten there, but its been a while... like chipotle-style burritos if i remember correctly. not too bad, but not cheap either...
nothx

calecp01

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 03:43:00 pm »
It's definitely edible.  Not amazing, but a little better than typical bar food.  Also a shockingly large amount of people go early, so expect to get a terrible seat if you don't.

nkotb

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 06:06:00 pm »
Isn't it California Tortilla that they serve?  At least they did the last time I went, which was about 5 years ago.

Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  i've eaten there, but its been a while... like chipotle-style burritos if i remember correctly. not too bad, but not cheap either...

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 06:27:00 pm »
With all the daily comedy on this board, I'm not sure why you would need to go to a comedy club.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 12:22:00 am »
I believe there is a 2 item minimum per person at the Improv. The food is alright. I think it's quite expensive too.

Originally posted by walkonby:
  going to see one of my favorites comedians there, and was contemplating eating dinner beforehand to get a good seat.  should i skip the idea and eat somewhere with better food (and please don't say the birchmere, though i feel that joke is over)?  and man, jaleo on 7th street really does suck.
(_|_)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 01:46:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Isn't it California Tortilla that they serve?  At least they did the last time I went, which was about 5 years ago.
this is what i remember ... it's a lot better and a lot cheaper than the birchmere's food, but that's not saying much
(o|o)