Author Topic: Rock The Bells Roll Call (RATM, Wu-Tang, Etc.) 7/28/07 &  (Read 2521 times)

TheDirector217

Rock The Bells Roll Call (RATM, Wu-Tang, Etc.) 7/28/07 &
« on: July 27, 2007, 09:35:00 am »
Aight.  Rock The Bells NYC tomorrow & Sunday.  Rage, Wu-Tang, and various other hip-hop legends.  Who's in?? I'm there both nights.  GA on Saturday, VIP on Sunday.  I know for a fact one boardie's gonna be there.  But I'll let him pop up.  I'll B nyce about it . . .   :D

bnyced0

Re: Rock The Bells Roll Call (RATM, Wu-Tang, Etc.) 7/28/07 &
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 09:40:00 am »
Yeh, I'll be in NY tonight and tomorrow for RTB, but off to South Carolina on Sunday for White Stripes.  Why are you going to both shows?

TheREALHunter

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 09:45:00 am »
I'll be there tomorrow.

TheDirector217

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 10:34:00 am »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
  Yeh, I'll be in NY tonight and tomorrow for RTB, but off to South Carolina on Sunday for White Stripes.  Why are you going to both shows?
It's Rage Against The Machine, Wu-Tang, & the god MC Rakim, not to mention the mighty Mos Def & the legendary Roots crew.  Why not?  Plus I saw Rage & Wu back in '97 @ Merriweather, so I guess I got a flashback or something . . . .

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 10:38:00 am »
TheDirector is the King of Excess.

If I were in NYC this weekend, I'd go to Sonic Youth, then Rock the Bells the following night!
(_|_)

bnyced0

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 10:56:00 am »
Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:

If I were in NYC this weekend, I'd go to Sonic Youth, then Rock the Bells the following night!
Exactly, especially if you only have VIP for Sunday.  

But my boy has only himself to top considering he's doing a mind numbing half dozen police shows this year, but we all have our weaknesses  :D

TheDirector217

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 10:58:00 am »

I think a lot of hipsters here (not necessarily you) waste a lot of time & money chasing after highly disposable bands they love today & will hate 6 months later when they should have realized they sucked in the first place.  I personally would rather see legends/new bands that actually don't suck.  What you see as excess, I see as a hell of a time & an investment in my overall happiness.   :D  

Furthermore, night 1 has EPMD & The Roots.  Night 2 has Erykah Badu who I haven't seen live since her first album.  I knew I was gonna skip Patriot Center/White Stripes when I copped these, so that's part of the reason I went to Bonnaroo.  And The Police, of course.

So hopefully I have been able to provide insight as to why I am The King Of Excess & why I won't be witnessing the earth-shattering occasion of Daydream Nation in it's entirety.  Have a beautiful weekend.  I know I will . . .

TheDirector217

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 10:59:00 am »
Originally posted by bnyced0:

Exactly, especially if you only have VIP for Sunday.  

But my boy has only himself to top considering he's doing a mind numbing half dozen police shows this year, but we all have our weaknesses   :D  [/b]
Bastard!   :p

Vas Deferens

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 11:08:00 am »
Uh-oh, I hope you didn't think I was criticizing you by saying you are the King of Excess...I was teasing!

Erykah is a great live act! I think she's playing both days.
(_|_)

nkotb

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 11:11:00 am »
Maybe...but seeing 50 hipster, disposable bands would still cost less than just 2 nights of the Police.  Just saying...

Originally posted by TheDirector217:
 I think a lot of hipsters here (not necessarily you) waste a lot of time & money chasing after highly disposable bands they love today & will hate 6 months later when they should have realized they sucked in the first place.  I personally would rather see legends/new bands that actually don't suck.  What you see as excess, I see as a hell of a time & an investment in my overall happiness.

TheDirector217

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 11:13:00 am »
  Uh-oh, I hope you didn't think I was criticizing you by saying you are the King of Excess...I was teasing!

Erykah is a great live act! I think she's playing both days.
Nah, not at all my man.  I was just letting you in on my mind set.  That's all.  One may wonder "Why?"  Stepping outside of myself for a hot one, if I was on the board reading my posts/concert plans I would think it was kinda extra my damn self!   ;)

TheDirector217

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 11:20:00 am »
True.  But I stress quality over quantity as far as my concert itinerary.  Considering how close I wanted to sit, The Police prices are pretty much market value in today's climate.  e.g. I fucks with Phil Collins/Genesis and all on some cheesy, goodtime pop shit - but if that man really thinks they are worth $225   :eek:  Phil & the boys are snorting some real fine, pure Lindsay Lohan.  

Originally posted by nkotb:
  Maybe...but seeing 50 hipster, disposable bands would still cost less than just 2 nights of the Police.  Just saying...

Originally posted by TheDirector217:
 I think a lot of hipsters here (not necessarily you) waste a lot of time & money chasing after highly disposable bands they love today & will hate 6 months later when they should have realized they sucked in the first place.  I personally would rather see legends/new bands that actually don't suck.  What you see as excess, I see as a hell of a time & an investment in my overall happiness.
[/b]

Cali

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 11:26:00 am »
i'm still trying to decide if i'm going up for sundays show. i'm not as excited about it as i was a few months ago--especially since i'll be seeing the roots are playing the 9:30.

i'm still on the fence about going to vfest.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 11:33:00 am »
Oh man... you couldn't pay me to attend.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 02:46:00 pm »
well ill be here in NYC obviously, but at neither of those shows. actually i think its a show-free weekend and i couldnt be more happy! if anyone is around on Wed. They Might Be Giants are playing one of their many shows at bowery. might have to add that before im off for lolla.

and id rather pay to see my 100 hipster bands at a very cheap price than spend it on the police shows. and besides - you cant slam all the hipster bands, arctic monkeys, editors and interpol are all still around  :D
HeyLa