Author Topic: Pelican/Earth roll call  (Read 1677 times)

danknugz

Pelican/Earth roll call
« on: July 27, 2007, 05:43:00 pm »
anyone going tonight or tomorrow? im headed to the baltimore show in a couple of hours.

aglanixp

Re: Pelican/Earth roll call
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 08:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by danknugz:
  anyone going tonight or tomorrow? im headed to the baltimore show in a couple of hours.
Tomorrow.
 For sure.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 09:33:00 pm »
Tomorrow for sure as well.
احمد

danknugz

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 02:50:00 am »
too bad, you guys wont get to see Your Black Star. very good band. tonight's show was good. YBS was really good, and i got a nice recording of their set, as well as Earth. I botched priestbird and Pelican unfortunately. Pelican was great though. if one of my really good friends wasnt moving to LA and having a going away party tomorrow, i'd head on down to the black cat for round 2. very pissed about my batteries running out during Pelican's set.

snailhook

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 06:23:00 am »
your black star is actually playing at the velvet on monday with excellent bands brainbanger and barkitecture. all ages, too.

i'm gonna try to be there for earth and pelican, but i have to be at the donny hue show for most of the night.

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 10:21:00 am »
Did Earth play any of their heavier early stuff or was it mostly stuff from hibernaculum and hex?
احمد

snailhook

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 05:48:00 pm »
earth pretty much plays stuff from the last two albums. don't expect a drone freakout like earth 2, which is really what i want to hear. it's mostly spaghetti western-influenced desert doom, very spacious and desolate.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 05:56:00 pm »
I'm strongly leaning towards going tommorrow night in Richmond, but we don't get Earth as an opener, we get Clouds and Priest Bird.

azaghal1981

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 06:39:00 pm »
That's what I was expecting which should still be good but I'd also rather hear something dronier.

Originally posted by snailhook:
  earth pretty much plays stuff from the last two albums. don't expect a drone freakout like earth 2, which is really what i want to hear. it's mostly spaghetti western-influenced desert doom, very spacious and desolate.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 10:03:00 am »
Pelican and Priestbird were both excellent. Earth was good (just about all slow doomrock) but it got a little monotonous. There was a more upbeat indian drone-themed track that somewhat changed the mood of their set which was interesting.
احمد

danknugz

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 03:05:00 pm »
earth actually put my girlfriend to sleep! she was already tired, and the monotonous music wasnt helping much, i guess. i was hoping they would have played some of their older stuff as well, but it was cool getting to see them for the first time.

azaghal1981

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 03:32:00 pm »
Oh yeah it was definitely cool seeing them and I did enjoy most of their set. I mostly just stood there trying to picture myself in far off, desolate places with no hope of ever seeing or hearing from anyone again. The music fit that mindset perfectly.  :)
احمد