Author Topic: See... he's not all bad!  (Read 1471 times)

mankie

See... he's not all bad!
« on: February 07, 2004, 04:36:00 pm »
MusiCares Names Sting Person of the Year

Sting acknowledged feeling a little out of sorts as he was honored as person of the year by the Recording Academy's MusiCares foundation.

"I'm actually feeling an emotion I'm not very well known for - humility," the Grammy-winning artist joked Friday at a star-studded charity dinner.

He was honored for his charitable works, including his efforts to protect human rights and the rain forests. Among those at the musical tribute were Wynonna Judd, Mary J. Blige, Hugh Hefner, John Mayer, Dave Matthews, Bob Geldof and Elvis Costello.

Previous honorees include U2 frontman Bono and Quincy Jones. MusiCares provides assistance for people struggling within the music community. Sting said he was "deeply honored to be the point-person to raise funds for this event."

"We are here to support people who haven't had the breaks," he said. "They can't simply live day to day."

The MusiCares gala was one of several celebrity events leading up to Sunday's Grammy awards ceremony in Los Angeles.

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Re: See... he's not all bad!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 04:44:00 pm »
Too bad it couldn't have been Rod Stewart.

Jaguär

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 05:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:
LOLOLOLOL. I'm sure he's at home right now in his room sulking about it.

These are the kind of awards that I wish didn't exist only because it encourages a bunch of over-inflated, self-important egos to think they are so much more valuable to society than they sometimes are.

This award would be much more important if it included anyone who did something of importance to society instead of limiting it to the rich and famous. I can't help but think that those who make the biggest difference to humanity are the little people who give of themselves and get no recognition.

.........and Rod Stewart.    :p    <just kidding>

Bags

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 10:17:00 pm »
I think it's funny, mank, that you left all the copyright info at the bottom of the article you posted!    :p

Bags

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 11:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:
That Rod is apparently a real cry baby these days...

Reality trumps Rod: Rod Stewart is said to have been extremely peeved to have found himself playing second fiddle to "The Apprentice" reject Sam Solovey on Leno the other night. (Page Six)