Author Topic: Camping at Virgin Festival  (Read 1231 times)

shawno119

Camping at Virgin Festival
« on: July 29, 2007, 10:18:00 pm »
Hey is anyone planning on camping out for the Virgin Festival?  Is there a campground close enough to Pimlico to walk over to the concert or to take public transportation.  Thanks.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Camping at Virgin Festival
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 10:20:00 pm »
According to the V Fest website the cloest is a short 12 miles away.

=|
‼‼?‼‼

PigIron

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 10:35:00 pm »
I'll be camping at the "Red Carpet Inn", only a mile away.  Although it doesn't look that luxurious, I'm hoping that it is transformed into a raging after-show party scene at the end of each night.

azaghal1981

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 09:57:00 am »
The hippies have invaded! Hide the children!
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 11:02:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  The hippies have invaded! Hide the children!
hippies at virgin fest?  i can hear those lisa lobe glass wearing, mouths open in drop draw unison:  "get back to bonnaroo, or we'll kill you're peaceful ass with our faux hawk haircuts, fiji bottled water, and of course this hackster attempt to be the one with most obscure indie band shirt on."

anarchist

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 09:21:00 pm »
you can probably pay one of the pimlico neighbors to camp in their yard.

Cash is King

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 11:13:00 pm »
hahhahhaah, Camp at Pimlico??? have you ever seen the area around Pimlico???  There probably will be some people laying around on the street around Pimlico. But i doubt they are camping or laying there by choice.

azaghal1981

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 12:19:00 am »
I thought the boardies would have a field day with this thread.

You guys are slipping.
احمد

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 12:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Cash is King:
  hahhahhaah, Camp at Pimlico??? have you ever seen the area around Pimlico???  There probably will be some people laying around on the street around Pimlico. But i doubt they are camping or laying there by choice.
I'm waiting to see the after parties at those houses. When we were leaving last year they had hot dogs, chicken wings, burgers and beers for sale.
‼‼?‼‼

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 12:02:00 pm »
Sorry but this thread made me laugh. It's kind of like looking for camping for a festival at RFK.

As someone else suggested, I'm sure for the right price, one of the neighbors will let you camp out on their lawn or maybe even in their backyard. They have trees. It might not be that bad if you are truly the adventerous sort. I'd just make sure the person collecting the money actually owns said property. Same for parking on their lawns as it's happened before where some neighborhood slug has claimed to own the place, pocketed the money and moved on. Also, don't sleep too tight just in case that slug sneaks up on you for a little night prowling like a bear in the woods.