Author Topic: Army of Me  (Read 1227 times)

paige

Army of Me
« on: February 08, 2004, 02:19:00 am »
...just got back from their show tonight, must say that they keep getting better each time i see them. it was really crowded with lame girls there to see OKGo, but it was still a pretty good show. they did a great Smiths cover, except no one danced. i hate that about dc. who else went? thoughts?

p.s. walks i missed you tonight! we would have had fun   :D

Guiny

Re: Army of Me
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 05:13:00 pm »
I was there, I only saw about the last four songs by Army of Me thanx to the Black Cat taking forever to get people in. I stood outside for 45 minutes easy. The four songs i did hear were pretty good though. Ok Go had an up and down performance i though. They were better opening up for The Donna's last year. Still worth the twelve bucks though.

walkman

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 07:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by i do not heart winter:

p.s. walks i missed you tonight! we would have had fun    :D  
road trip on friday!

Bags

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 09:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by i do not heart winter:
   it was really crowded with lame girls there to see OKGo, but it was still a pretty good show. they did a great Smiths cover, except no one danced. i hate that about dc. who else went? thoughts?
Short defense of DC here -- I was in NY this weekend and saw The Shazam and URGE Overkill -- and the crowd was so staid.  I think it's more an indie music genre thing...  I mean, for Urge?  You assume 85% of the crowd is made up of big fans thrilled at the chance to catch them back in action (and they were good).  But just like DC, tooms, a couple friends and I were the dancers in back.  There was some head bobbing, but it was minimal for the music that was gloriously assaulting us.  Hell, folks up in the balcony section of the Bowery Ballroom were *sitting* at tables.   ??????

palomaconfedora

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 09:52:00 pm »
i saw the show as well. army of me was definitely the best band there. unfortunately, there were so many teenies at that show it was really frightening. anyhow i love army of me, they are a most excellent live band and i can't wait until they come back.

Guiny

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 10:14:00 am »
How do i miss all you people at these concerts?

paige

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 05:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee_a.k.a _Guiny:
  How do i miss all you people at these concerts?
because i'm always the cool chick in the back talking to the boys in the bands...

aka i'm doing nothing, trying to find people to talk to, but all i am doing is bothering them and killing their buzz.   :(