Author Topic: ITunes Question  (Read 916 times)

PigIron

ITunes Question
« on: July 31, 2007, 06:05:00 pm »
If anyone can answer this, it would be appreciated.  And sorry if its a dumb question, but I'm technologically retarded.
 On ITunes, one of the features that is kind of built-in when you first set everything up is the "Most Played" (I think thats what its called) playlist.  Its there to show you what songs you are playing most frequently.
 If I actually erased this feature by accident while erasing other playlists, is there another way I can reset something so that I have the "Most Played" feature back?

Thanks.

Random Citizen

Re: ITunes Question
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 06:14:00 pm »
You can create a new "Smart Playlist." One of the options under "Limit to" is "most often played."

To create a Smart Playlist:

Choose File > New Smart Playlist.

To add songs that match specific rules, make sure "Match the following rule" is selected, and then choose options from the pop-up menus. To add more rules, click the Add (+) button.

Tip: To duplicate a rule, hold down the Shift key while you click Add.

To make the playlist a specific duration or size, select "Limit to" and set options.

To include only songs that have a checkmark next them in your library (and that match your rules), select "Match only checked items."

To have iTunes continually modify your Smart Playlist as songs are added to or removed from your library, make sure "Live updating" is selected.

To create your Smart Playlist, click OK and then name the playlist.

PigIron

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 06:30:00 pm »
Thanks a lot.  I think I got it.  I appreciate your help.

vansmack

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 06:38:00 pm »
You can also sort your library by play count, turn off Shuffle and hit play, that way you're not limited to the 25 Most played, you can see your entire Db of songs by play count.
27>34