Author Topic: Mark your calendars / Arcade Fire  (Read 35882 times)

brennser

Re: Mark your calendars / Arcade Fire
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2005, 01:38:00 pm »
thanks for thinkin of me kosmo   :D  

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  pm anyone over 100+ posts who is looking for tickets, in advance... my bestest buddy brennser is looking

twelsh737

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2005, 01:47:00 pm »
My theoretical problem with the extra Arcade ticket has been answered by brennser and kosmo â?? but the same issue exists as to Bright Eyes â?? regulars welcome. Chimbley is sure missing out.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2005, 01:54:00 pm »
I'll be there.  No after-party though.

brennser

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2005, 01:54:00 pm »
:D    :D    :D    :D  

My theoretical problem with the extra Arcade ticket has been answered by brennser

Darth Ed

« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2005, 02:03:00 pm »
I was able to trade my extra Wilco ticket for an Arcade Fire ticket, so I'll be there too. I'll be running to catch the Metro after the concert though, so no after-concert parties for me.

sonickteam2

« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2005, 02:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:
  I was able to trade my extra Wilco ticket for an Arcade Fire ticket
someone that ran out of toilet paper before the snowstorm?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2005, 02:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by El Tee:
  That's hysterical b/c that is the exact image I had from hoya's bully moment.
yeah, 2 guys hitting on his girl as he stands in the background getting steamed! haha. [/b]
ah, sonick, i love you.

as most of you know, this wasn't the situation, but i'm glad snonick is there to be an asshole / idiot, as always.  can't wait to meet you sometime, buddy!
(o|o)

sonickteam2

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2005, 03:15:00 pm »
:)   :)

i was playing off when you initially described the guys as "night at the roxbury looking"  

and since that movie is hilarious......you know

Darth Ed

« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2005, 03:55:00 am »
Awesome. What an impressive performance. Amazingly enough, they actually sound better live than on their album. Seven musicians took the stage at the 9:30 Club, playing an eclectic assortment of musical instruments: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, mandolin?, keyboards, two violins, accordion, upright bass, electric bass, snare drum, full drum kit, tambourines, jingle bells, xylophone, mouth organ, harmonica, and all manner of impromptu percussion. The Arcade Fire attacked the audience with exuberance and enthusiasm. For a band with only one album, they played an impressive (almost) 90 minutes to an enthralled crowd. In between songs, after the applause had died down, you could hear a pin drop in the 9:30 Club. At one point, the bassist remarked that we were the most polite audience they had encountered on this tour. I yelled back "Thank you!" which garnered more than a few chuckles. When all was played and done, the concert was definitely one of the best concert experiences I have had at the 9:30 Club in quite some time.

Did anyone catch the set list? If you did, please post it. Thanks!

friarfunk

« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2005, 04:10:00 am »
Amazing show for such a young band, carrying out limited material to 88 minutes and doing a hell of a job with it.  And they exited through the crowd, still singing and playing all the way; I had the good fortune of being one of the people who ended up forming the aisle for them.  One of the best shows I've seen, period.

I don't fully remember the order of the setlist, but they played the entirety of Funeral, the songs "No Cars Go" and "Headlights Look Like Diamonds" from their EP, and new songs titled "Intervention" (which was fantastic) and "Burning Bridges."

joeavrage

« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2005, 09:09:00 am »
Originally posted by friarfunk:
 ... and new songs titled "Intervention" (which was fantastic) and "Burning Bridges." [/QB]
Yep...was great to see that the new stuff is up to the quality of what we've already heard.

K8teebug

« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2005, 09:39:00 am »
They definitely did not disappoint last night.  I saw them at dinner before the show and told them how excited I was to see them.  Of course, I'm probably the 1,000 person to tell them this on their tour.....

twelsh737

« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2005, 10:22:00 am »
easily the best show I have seen at 9:30 in my limited amount of time here. Also made the crowd from the Saturday night show look like tailgaters at some college football game when you consider that last night you could sense that the crowd was holding its collective breath so that they could hear every note. Great show.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2005, 10:41:00 am »
I'm still amazed at how quiet the crowd was.  That, combined with the "no smoking" rule, made for quite the pleasant evening.

Terrific show from start to finish.  Their CD does not do them justice.  Outstanding live band.

brennser

« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2005, 10:49:00 am »
I wondered why it was so non-smoky! was that a band request?

great show, a musical collective in the truest sense - I think everyone must have played about 3 different instruments by nights end

maybe its because it was a school night, maybe its just DC, but yes the crowd were very 'polite', and I think the band were being polite by calling us polite

things livened up a little following the admonition however and the last song was amazing

thanks again to tbmtt and chimbley for the ticket

Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  I'm still amazed at how quiet the crowd was.  That, combined with the "no smoking" rule, made for quite the pleasant evening.