Author Topic: Duran Duran  (Read 2836 times)

Gothiczartan

Duran Duran
« on: December 13, 2004, 05:13:00 am »
Duran Duran are going to be at the partiot center in 2005. go to web and find out or go to GMU if your a college student

Bags

Re: Duran Duran
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 11:37:00 am »
Tickets went on sale Saturday (show is April 8, Patriot Center).  Can you believe it?  It happened so quietly.  Yesterday I took a look and the floor is sold out, only seats in the back were available.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 11:49:00 am »
"Duran Duran and the KKK
 stole Adolf Hitler's heart away."

-- BMO
_\|/_

thirsty moore

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 12:05:00 pm »
Didn't the Angry Samoans steal Hitler's brain though?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 12:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by econo:
  Didn't the Angry Samoans steal Hitler's brain though?
No, it was actually Hitler's cock.  They put it under a rock.

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 04:01:00 pm »
duran's gig at the warner, a year or so ago i caught, i'm sure will be a better show . . . even though they had sound problems and simon "le do no wrong" stood telling a horribly bad story while they tried to fix it all.  highlights included panties on stage before even the first note was played, and a near riot, bumm rush to the front when "wild boys" got broken into.

the strangest thing, is that they're playing patriot.  is is that maybe acts just want to see what it is like to play there?  i saw dylan, bowie, and the beasties at patriot, and those are names you'd never expect to see at the fairfax's  "mini-mci."  and there are two denny's for you to eat at on your way back to sixty-six.

Bags

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 06:33:00 pm »
I was at the Warner show, about 10 rows back center.  Fan-Fing-tastic.

I think the deal with Patriot is that it's about the only place that fills the niche for its size.  There's Nation and DAR; I have no idea what the capacities of those place are, but they seem to be the mid-level venues available around here.

J'Mal

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 07:55:00 pm »
the duran show at warner was most excellent.

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 02:24:00 pm »
i caught the show on vh-i last night, and i couldn't understand one thing.  the boys who look as if their wax understudies were filling in on the stage, kept talking about "it's so great to have the original five together . . . the original five this, original five that.

the only problem, was that roger taylor, the original guitarist was nowhere in sight; be it on stage, in interview, or even mentioned by name.  now i know the new tour will not beat the warner show i saw.

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 02:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:

the only problem, was that roger taylor, the original guitarist was nowhere in sight; be it on stage, in interview, or even mentioned by name.  now i know the new tour will not beat the warner show i saw.
It's Andy Taylor, actually.

He's taken ill but will be back with the band early next month.

walkonby

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 02:40:00 pm »
i always get those taylors confused.  thanks for the info.

i found it amusing that they wouldn't even show the fill-in guitarist's face during the whole show.

Jaguär

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 10:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by Member 656:

He's taken ill but will be back with the band early next month. [/b]
Will Opie be there?

walkonby

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2004, 03:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

Originally posted by Member 656:

He's taken ill but will be back with the band early next month. [/b]
Will Opie be there? [/b]
i don't know; will you?  :D

Gothiczartan

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 12:22:00 am »
I just saw them on VH1 live, I like duran duran but I would not have time to see them at a concert.

I rather save time for nation on thursday night. Beside I like watching their music videos.

If I go to HT store, I'll loose my thoughts about music videos and cool stuff I like showing.

All I want to see and talk about the people who shops at HT that I'm into, I'll ask them about clubs like nation and some other clubs that has people who wears the clothing from HT. I'm looking for people who shops at HT, wears body peircing and tattoos, does to clubs like nation, goes to concerts like the 9:30 club.

All I want to talk about at HT
 are:

Nation on Thursday

some clubs with people wears clothing from HT

the people into wears tattoos and body peircings and shops at HT, goes to clubs and concerts like at nation and 9:30 club

the cute girls shop at HT espcialy teenage girls starting the age of 13, but most of all I like to talk about young girls who likes to shop at HT.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 10:38:00 am »
i'm reminded of "Fanatic" by Felony by this post
T.Rex