Author Topic: The Wrens  (Read 2636 times)

kurosawa-b/w

The Wrens
« on: December 13, 2004, 02:18:00 pm »
I contacted the band to find out about Saturday. Here's the reply:

"Yes, it will be a full Wrens onslaught! If you make it up...please say hi.

Cheers
 Greg Wren"

I haven't decided yet if I will make it, but I know there was a question about whether it was the full band.

Bags

Re: The Wrens
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 02:19:00 pm »
THANK you, Kurosawa.  I've been hemming and hawing over this one...

redsock

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 02:33:00 pm »
These guys blow. I was told by their booking agent that they would require $1500 minimum. You think The Talking Head is gonna make them that much money?

ratioci nation

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 02:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  These guys blow.
yeah, they blow, because they have a hard time getting everybody out on tour and some have families

redsock

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 02:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:

These guys blow.
yeah, they blow, because they have a hard time getting everybody out on tour and some have families [/b]
Hey, i understand the family thing, and I understand asking for some loot. But don't have your booking agent be so tough. Cause there is no way the Talking Head is gonna rake in that much cash for them.

ratioci nation

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 02:55:00 pm »
  Hey, i understand the family thing, and I understand asking for some loot. But don't have your booking agent be so tough. Cause there is no way the Talking Head is gonna rake in that much cash for them.
maybe they just wanted to play Baltimore, they had already played DC when you tried to book them, I dont think they have played Baltimore

K8teebug

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 03:46:00 pm »
They're playing Baltimore b/c when Charles Bissel came a few months ago, he was really late, and talked about how they never play Baltimore.

And frankly, I'm glad they're playing Baltimore.

But, you can't get tix in advance, so get there early.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 06:06:00 pm »
Just because the booking agent is tough doesn't mean the band blows. I thought Greg's message was friendly.

redsock

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 06:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  Just because the booking agent is tough doesn't mean the band blows. I thought Greg's message was friendly.
I was exagerating. Obviously the band doesn't blow. Their booking agent is actually a fairly nice guy too, I was just mad it didn't work out.

Bags

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 06:49:00 pm »
So when do doors open, show start, when should I get there?

I know, I know, so many questions.  I've never been to Talking Head.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 12:15:00 am »
I was just looking at the  Talking Head website. It looks like doors would open at 9:30 with the show starting at 10:30?

K8teebug

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 01:44:00 pm »
Doors open usually between 9 and 9:30.  I cannot stress how small this place is.  It's the old Ottobar.  It probably fits 100 people downstairs - tops.

If you're looking for a place to hang out beforehand, I recommend going to the Brewers' Art on Charles Street and getting a few Resurrections.  It's not within walking distance, but it's just a short drive away...

ttuamy

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 03:43:00 pm »
I cannot wait to see them!  I missed them at SXSW this year.  I just really hope it doesn't sell out before I get in.  Does a half hour before doors seem like too much?

K8teebug

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 10:34:00 am »
We're going to drive by an hour beforehand and see what the line looks like (if any).  My friends think I'm crazy, but I think alot of people are going to show up for this show.

I predict alot of nasty posts complaining about how they drove all the way to Baltimore and they couldn't get in to the show.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2004, 11:20:00 am »
if you get shutout of the Wrens show there is always Bopptopia at the Mojo that night...

BOPPTOPIA (a Benefit for The Maryland Food Bank) featuring Myracle Brah, The Bowlermen, The Things!, The Beltways, Dark Water Transit, â?¦.soihadtoâ?¦. and more!

http://www.themojobalto.com
T.Rex