Author Topic: Ryan Adams Pre-sale?  (Read 4583 times)

hooknew22

Ryan Adams Pre-sale?
« on: August 09, 2007, 10:40:00 am »
I just purchased tickets for the pre-sale, at 9:59 AM, and I have tickets at the back of the venue.  High up.  Where the sound bounces around the venue.  9:59 AM, and those are the ONLY tickets available for a Ryan Adams pre-sale?  We're not talking U2 playing DC9 here, in terms of demand.  He's playing DAR, which is the size of a small basketball stadium.

I guess I'm just curious - am I going to be able to buy tickets tomorrow, at 10 AM, and get ORCH seats that are MUCH better than the ones I received in a pre-sale?  Because if that is the case, well, ONE, I will recommend to all friends in the future to avoid the pre-sale.  I will try tomorrow and find out, and I'll let you guys know what the deal is.  If that's the case, I'll have 3 tickets in Section K to sell off.  And this will probably be the last show that I see in DAR.

It's not like DAR is a small venue.  I love Ryan Adams, and will still be in attendance for this show regardless of where the seats are because I love his music and love him live and CANNOT get enough of his shows in the LMA.  BUT COME ON.

I'm fairly knowledgeable about ticket sales and the behind the scenes of putting on a show - SO can someone please tell me what's going on here?  I am at a loss for words.  I love the 9:30 club, but this is really testing our relationship.  :(

Vas Deferens

Re: Ryan Adams Pre-sale?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 10:50:00 am »
Blame ticketmaster for auctioning all the great seats:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/b6llr2?tm_link=tm__search_see_also_1_saname_Ryan%20Adams%20Premium%20Seat%20Auctions

Start BIDDING on August 10th!

To answer your question though, it's very likely that they'll release better seats than what you've got today since it IS a regular sale. They don't sell every seat during presale.
(_|_)

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 10:52:00 am »
In my opinion/experience they put the worst seats up for pre-sales and it's only worth it for gen admission shows.  Don't be so bitter, you didn't have to complete the order!
xoxo

floyd1975

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 10:55:00 am »
I pulled up Box 35 and was sold Sec L Row J.  Nothing in DAR is worth buying a second pair and taking the chance of getting stuck with two extra tickets though.  Hell, It was hard enough paying that price for anything in DAR to begin with.

hooknew22

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 11:01:00 am »
You're right, I didn't have to.  And you're right, I am bitter.  I can deal with being called out about it.

What a way to reward fans who go out of their way to seek out tickets.  I'm not saying put every ticket on pre-sale - put a select group of ORCH tickets on pre-sale, and when those are gone, no more.  Then you go for tickets in the general public sale.  I'd love to hear if someone got great ORCH seats for this pre-sale.

floyd1975

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 11:04:00 am »
I don't think we really deserve to be rewarded for looking on an artist's website or receiving an email from a venue.  Don't be too bitter about it.  You can probably pick up good seats for face or less in front of DAR the night of the show and then sell yours off.

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 11:10:00 am »
Originally posted by hooknew22:
  You're right, I didn't have to.  And you're right, I am bitter.  I can deal with being called out about it.

What a way to reward fans who go out of their way to seek out tickets.  I'm not saying put every ticket on pre-sale - put a select group of ORCH tickets on pre-sale, and when those are gone, no more.  Then you go for tickets in the general public sale.  I'd love to hear if someone got great ORCH seats for this pre-sale.
i pulled up ORCH KK not great by any standards, but i went with box 32. no biggie to me really, i mean, the guys pretty ugly anyway!

Yada

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 11:11:00 am »
I skipped out on the tickets I pulled up.

I had section Q row A. Basically, I won't sit anywhere in DAR unless it's the first 10 rows of the orchestra.

That's the worst place in DC to see a show minus the verizon center.

Why doesn't anyone book the Lincoln Theatre?

floyd1975

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 11:16:00 am »
Originally posted by Yada:
I absolutely agree with this point.

ad2006

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 11:16:00 am »
I did the iTunes presale last week and Orchestra F. Maybe there were enough people doing that that it left slim pickings?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 11:20:00 am »
It was the perfect venue for Arcade Fire.

Originally posted by floyd:

I absolutely agree with this point. [/b]
(_|_)

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 11:27:00 am »
Originally posted by ashleydc:
  I did the iTunes presale last week and Orchestra F. Maybe there were enough people doing that that it left slim pickings?
thats what i figured.  a lot of people probably used that

Yada

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 11:28:00 am »
Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:
  It was the perfect venue for Arcade Fire.

Originally posted by floyd:

I absolutely agree with this point. [/b]
[/b]
I guess you didn't see the Arcade Fire then when they played at the 930??

Vas Deferens

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 11:35:00 am »
No, but their set wouldn't fit at the 9:30 for the Neon Bible tour  :)

Sound was great at DAR during AF.

I guess you didn't see the Arcade Fire then when they played at the 930??
(_|_)

eltee

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 11:41:00 am »
Originally posted by hooknew22:
  If that's the case, I'll have 3 tickets in Section K to sell off.  I love the 9:30 club, but this is really testing our relationship.   :(  
I wouldn't expect to get mid-orch to stage seats in the second pre-sale for a popular event. (Also, there are probably reserved seats cutting the availability.) If you did, I would guess you could find a single ticket/seat. That's another detail to think about - I found decent seats for 1, but more than that, they were in the tier level. I might check out the boxes next time for better viewing. The GA detail - not sure if that's a pro/con. Regardless, I'm not fond of DAR either, but I don't blame Nightclub 9:30.