Author Topic: NYE  (Read 13884 times)

heather

Re: NYE
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2008, 12:42:00 pm »
i'm pretty sure i'll be in oklahoma city for the  flaming lips.

tickets are $20, on sale tomorrow at 1 pm (noon CST).

NYE 2004 at MSG with the lips and wilco was wild!

manimtired

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguar:

Originally posted by very sonick:

Originally posted by nkotb:
  Well, three members of the group, anyway.  There will still be around 35 people on stage, and about a third of them will have mics.

so you've seen them lately.  Its precisely the case.  

over the summer i was working stage right and the 20 or so guys standing on that side of the stage were ALL smoking blunts.  I was pretty much stoned by the end of the show. I ate like a whole pizza when i got home...no joke. [/b]
Haha! Now how do you explain that one on an ill timed drug screen?

Should be legal anyway...but that's just my opinion. [/b]
curious..what does club management think about this?  will they just let the smoking slide b/c its the wu tang clan and their entourage and dont want trouble? i mean if mates of state or someone just started smoking joints on stage would it be the same "whatever" policy?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Originally posted by nkotb:
  Well, three members of the group, anyway.  There will still be around 35 people on stage, and about a third of them will have mics.

so you've seen them lately.  Its precisely the case.  

over the summer i was working stage right and the 20 or so guys standing on that side of the stage were ALL smoking blunts.  I was pretty much stoned by the end of the show. I ate like a whole pizza when i got home...no joke. [/b]
Haha! Now how do you explain that one on an ill timed drug screen?

Should be legal anyway...but that's just my opinion. [/b]
curious..what does club management think about this?  will they just let the smoking slide b/c its the wu tang clan and their entourage and dont want trouble? i mean if mates of state or someone just started smoking joints on stage would it be the same "whatever" policy? [/b]
regardless, don't count on seth or thatguy to pop up and say "yeah it's cool if wu tang smoke blunts when they play our club".

yeah

sonickteam2

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2008, 02:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
 curious..what does club management think about this?  will they just let the smoking slide b/c its the wu tang clan and their entourage and dont want trouble? i mean if mates of state or someone just started smoking joints on stage would it be the same "whatever" policy?
its not just wu-tang, most major artists get a little slack from most club owners, i imagine.

certainly club management has to notice the Pogues doing endless lines of coke backstage, too.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2008, 03:34:00 pm »
  its not just wu-tang, most major artists get a little slack from most club owners, i imagine.

certainly club management has to notice the Pogues doing endless lines of coke backstage, too.
How often do you think "management" is backstage to notice these things?
PANTS

TingTang

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »
past two years at camden have been crazy... i really loved the tweeter center indoor setup. Never been to nokia though and you can't beat the energy of times square on NYE.

NYC ain't to far up 95!

azaghal1981

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2008, 05:32:00 pm »
Maybe it'll be Booka Shade/Deadmau5. They are playing at least another date together in the US.

And maybe I'm dreaming.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2008, 06:07:00 pm »
The last time I saw them was the last time they played the club. It was fucking horrid and pathetic. I left that show thinking "ok that's it" and that was that.
 I did make it to a ridiculous post-show party in College Park though so the night wasn't a total wash.

Originally posted by TingTang:
  past two years at camden have been crazy... i really loved the tweeter center indoor setup. Never been to nokia though and you can't beat the energy of times square on NYE.

NYC ain't to far up 95!
احمد

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2008, 12:37:00 pm »
The most fun I ever had was when I was living in San Fran. My favorite New Years show was this lineup:

Primus

The Pixies

Janes Addiction

at the Civic Center

and of course in Oakland was the legendary Grateful Dead NYE show,which I attended the year before. Basically,most promoters I think are just too lazy or don't have the clout to put a really good show together at that time of year.
 Bill Graham could get things done! There aren't  any Bill Grahams around anymore. What a shame...

sonickteam2

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2008, 09:21:00 am »
Originally posted by MyraEllen:

How often do you think "management" is backstage to notice these things? [/b]
well, every show, i would imagine. backstage isnt a free for all!!

azaghal1981

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2008, 10:00:00 am »
Sonic, check your email.    ;)

You might also want to delete a PM or two.
احمد

sonickteam2

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2008, 10:28:00 am »
whoops! should be good now!

TingTang

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2008, 04:04:00 am »
Yeah that Biscuits show at the 930 club in 2006 wasn't the best... that's the nature of the beast unfortunately. They're still my favorite act to see live and I wouldn't miss a New Years if I can afford it!

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  The last time I saw them was the last time they played the club. It was fucking horrid and pathetic. I left that show thinking "ok that's it" and that was that.
 I did make it to a ridiculous post-show party in College Park though so the night wasn't a total wash.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2008, 11:18:00 am »
Crystal Castles - Music Hall of Williamsburg $35
 Blonde Redhead - Terminal 5 - $35
 A Place to Bury Strangers - Mercury Lounge (dont know cost off hand)

Knitting Factory is going to be announcing their line up soon and its supposedly the last show ever there (at their location in tribeca). Lots of rumours going on about who will be playing there.
HeyLa

azaghal1981

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2008, 11:42:00 am »
Did you really have to post that APTBS info?

You have me considering NYC on NYE now. Something I swore I'd never do again.
احمد