Author Topic: Happy Birthday...  (Read 6260 times)

brennser

Re: Happy Birthday...
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 01:25:45 pm »
Holy 2008 thread resurrection batman!

Space Freely

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 01:32:22 pm »
I think it's odd for a boy to read Judy Blume...but that's me.  My understanding is they are very tailored for young girls.

depends...  "then again, maybe I won't" "superfudge" and "tales of a fourth grade nothing" were boy books.

"are you there god, it's me Margaret" "blubber" and "otherwise known as Sheila the great" were def girl books.

What this gay guy said.

Amazing, Bob your memory of something read presumably many years ago is more clear than my memory of what I've read in the last year.

Space Freely

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 01:33:19 pm »

I think it's odd for a boy to read Judy Blume...but that's me.  My understanding is they are very tailored for young girls.

Nah. I think that it kind of helps you better understand from an earlier age how girls think. And if you're a gay boy, they're great reads. If you're a straight boy, it begins the blueprint of helping to better appreciate the opposite sex. Either way, it's entertaining. And yeah, "Then Again, Maybe I Won't" was a total boy's book.

What this gay guy said, too.

Space Freely

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 01:34:26 pm »
Holy 2008 thread resurrection batman!

Never really got into Batman comics, or any comics, as a kid. But that's another thread. Watched the tv show as a kid though.

bob72

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 01:54:16 pm »

depends...  "then again, maybe I won't" "superfudge" and "tales of a fourth grade nothing" were boy books.

"are you there god, it's me Margaret" "blubber" and "otherwise known as Sheila the great" were def girl books.

What this gay guy said.

Amazing, Bob your memory of something read presumably many years ago is more clear than my memory of what I've read in the last year.

my memory is not always the greatest, but I do find it odd what I tend to retain. I read all six of the aforementioned books and could pretty much give a high level synopsis. Considering Superfudge was published in 1980 (age 8 ) and I read it as soon as it hit the shelves, yeah it's been a while.

edit: and yes I truly believe Judy Blume helped define my gayness... I mean "then again, maybe I won't" was all about boners, masturbation and wet dreams. What's not to like as a soon to be flowering gay boy?

within two years I was thoroughly addicted to Stephen King.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 01:58:01 pm by bob72 »
PENIS

Relaxer

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 03:14:56 pm »
The Stones have sold more than 80 million records.
oword

Space Freely

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 03:37:00 pm »

68 million according to RIAA. Is that for only America or the whole world?

http://www.beatzenith.com/the_rolling_stones/rssalzcerts.htm

Relaxer

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 03:56:22 pm »
I guess it's figures for U.S. only, and worldwide, I'm sure it's over 100. Even then, I'm kind of amazed at how few some of these all-time classic albums sold. I know people didn't buy music in the 60s and 70s like they do now, but they've also been out for decades so I figured, say, Beggars Banquet would be up around 3 or 4 mill. I guess I don't know everything after all! (lol, yes I do)
oword

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 04:02:43 pm »
talk to the people at NPR about this
I'm just quoting them
slack

vansmack

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 04:08:21 pm »
Let's not forget Frecklejuice....

I was also a big Shel Silverstein fan at the time, James and the Giant Peach and couldn't put down the Little House series.

Who wrote the Islands of the Blue Dolphins book(s)?  My sisters were into those...
27>34