Author Topic: Camera Obscura  (Read 1574 times)

Camera Obscura
« on: February 13, 2004, 04:50:00 pm »
Just another Belle and Sebastian clone, or merit of their own?

ratioci nation

Re: Camera Obscura
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 04:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:
I got the album a couple of weeks ago at cd exchange and the first track is pretty good, but I have not felt the need to go back to it much.  But then again I have never been much of a Belle and Sebastian fan either.

skonster

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 04:57:00 pm »
Pretty much a clone.  I like belle and sebastian so i'm not offended by them or anything and there is some decent song writing as well, but if you don't like b&s you aren't going to like this.

thirsty moore

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 05:02:00 pm »
With all of this who rips off Belle and Sebastian stuff, let's consider who Belle and Sebastian rip off?  

Check out Nick Drake's song Hazey Jane I.  I'm pretty amazed at how close B&S actually sound to that song.

And yes, I am a fan of Belle and Sebastian.

skonster

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 05:11:00 pm »
Yeah; i don't really have too much of a problem with bands all aping this sort of style.  I think there's enough you can do within the genre to keep it interesting.  If it's a good song, it's a good song.  Hell, there's a song by scotland yard gospel choir (out of chicago), "jennie that cries" (mp3 from www.sygc.com) that might as well be belle and sebastian.  i still like it though.

redsock

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 05:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:

Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:
I got the album a couple of weeks ago at cd exchange and the first track is pretty good, but I have not felt the need to go back to it much.  But then again I have never been much of a Belle and Sebastian fan either. [/b]
Hey Pollard, how bouts you scam me a copy of that CD? Especially since you bought it used   ;)

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 05:21:00 pm »
Didn't like em'. No good.

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 05:25:00 pm »
One twee pop band I do like is the Lucksmiths.

ratioci nation

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 06:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  Hey Pollard, how bouts you scam me a copy of that CD? Especially since you bought it used    ;)  
sure thing, but I actually got it new and free, unless you count the crap cds i traded in as costing me something