Author Topic: Black Cat Dances  (Read 1069 times)

carolinee

Black Cat Dances
« on: February 13, 2004, 06:00:00 pm »
So tommorow is Valentine's day and I don't have much going on.  The black cat has two dance events going on that night that I was considering attending.  I have never been to one I was wondering if anyone has, and whats it like.  Do people actually dance?

redsock

Re: Black Cat Dances
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 06:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by carolinee:
  So tommorow is Valentine's day and I don't have much going on.  The black cat has two dance events going on that night that I was considering attending.  I have never been to one I was wondering if anyone has, and whats it like.  Do people actually dance?
Only go to mousetrap if you want to smell like an audition for Flashdance afterwards. Used to be better music, now its just crowded. And yes, they dance.

markie

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 06:15:00 pm »
I have a soft spot for mousetrap. They tend to play the same music everytime, so if you have never been, you will probably have a great night, the first time.

Bags

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 06:18:00 pm »
I had a soft spot for Mousetrap, but it's hardened over.  Yet, if you've never been, maybe it's stil good.

It's music you don't hear at other dance clubs (even though relative to itself, the music sucks these days...).  Crowd is huge -- get there before 10, 10:30.

There's definitely dancing, which is a good thing.  The Backstage usually doesn't draw a big crowd, and it's a separate cover.  But if you had a self-contained group of 6, 8, 10, say, you could have a great time...