Author Topic: Bad Brains  (Read 8042 times)

Here's the thing

Bad Brains
« on: November 04, 2008, 11:47:00 pm »
Anyone else go? What did you think?
 HR is quite an interesting fellow.

azaghal1981

Re: Bad Brains
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 11:51:00 pm »
HR was fine during the slower reggae stuff and the slower rock songs I.E. Re-Ignition, Sacred Love but I was embarrassed for him whenever they played a faster song.

Rest of the band was nice and tight, though.

Really dug Dub Trio's set.
احمد

Here's the thing

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 11:56:00 pm »
We missed Dub Trio.
 I thought HR came around a little during Sacred Love and after. Fun crowd, though. Who said people in DC don't dance?

azaghal1981

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 11:58:00 pm »
I hid upstairs from the madness.
احمد

andyrichter

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 12:44:00 am »
I came in with low expectations and well, it was a mixed bag.  The band was on fire.  Really tight, seemed to be having fun, although a couple of their songs I couldn't even recognize until about 20 seconds into the song.  I didn't even recognize pay to cum until i saw the crowd going totally apeshit.  HR was HR.  At least no capes or bird cages although I saw him take reaching into his coat pocket and put some kind of substance probably not approved by the FDA into his mouth.  He sounded pretty good on Sacred Love.  I'm glad he didn't totally mail it in although part of 1 song he had to read off a piece of paper and he just skipped an entire verse of Banned in DC.  Biggest disappointment was no encore...in their hometown??  Bullshit indeed.  Waited 20 minutes before finally heading out with the herd.  Crowd was great by the way.  I don't know how crazy it looked from upstairs but people were just going off down there.

andyrichter

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 12:50:00 am »
and by the way, what was with the patdowns?  i think that's a first for me at 930 and i've been going almost 10 years now.  i thought the only band to possibly warrant that was a slayer crowd.

Here's the thing

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 01:46:00 am »
I think the patdowns and the line made it feel like a big event. I am odd like that, though...

Lambofgodfan

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 02:34:00 am »
Half the shows I've been to have had pat downs at 930 club.. but I dont think I've been patdown like that since megadeth's sold out show.. That was probably the most fun mosh floor ive been in.. i've been in more tense and way bigger ones but that was by far the most fun and I'm sure it would look crazy as they get if from a distance or on film.. I was pissed that they didnt give an encore.. thats extremely rare and i dont think theres never been an encore given to a hometown crowd..anywhere.. but when I think about it they pretty much gave me everything I could ask for and then some for a 70 minute set...That paper HR kept pulling out was the setlist, it looked like more than 20 songs were on it.

biga0u812

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 01:07:00 pm »
I was up front on the gate and was able to get the setlist. There was supposed to be an encore, the song being "I against I." Pretty fun show, but i think i enjoyed their show at V-FEST better. On side stage i saw Henry Rollins, Ian Mckay and a few others bu i couldnt put a name with the face.

I kinda wish i would of been able to mosh, but i had to work at 3am.

Was there a pit or people pushing trying to get closer toward the stage.

Also, i have no idea what substance that H.R. put in his mouth it came out of a tube and was white.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 01:12:00 pm »
Goody's Headache Powder

manimtired

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 01:12:00 pm »
even in my hardcore days i never got the gushing for bad brains.

azaghal1981

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 01:15:00 pm »
But there are a lot of things you don't get.
احمد

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 01:16:00 pm »
white boys love it when black guys rock

Originally posted by manimtired:

JSmith

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 01:18:00 pm »
I can't believe you were all at the same show I was. That show was terrible! I was amazed HR was not booed off the stage or that the band did not attack him. He refused to sing most of the songs and when he did he often forgot or invented lyrics. He did not appear to give a damn about the show. I hope the rest of the tour is cancelled and people receive refunds. I saw the Bad Brains at the old 9:30 in 1985 and consider it one of the best shows I have ever seen. Last nights show is the worst I have ever seen, and I have been to a lot of shows over the last 25 years.

manimtired

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 01:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  white boys love it when black guys rock

Originally posted by manimtired:
[/b]
this is true.