Author Topic: why I hate JT  (Read 6234 times)

ajiggity

Re: why I hate JT
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2003, 02:14:00 pm »
First off, where does this come from?  You've got something bottled up that you need to deal with, outside of the 930 Club forum.  Seriously.  Also, you went like a hundred miles offsubject.  We were talking about music and now were talking about war and wearing American flag lapels??  

Just to clarify, Dennis Miller is quite intelligent regardless of his political and national opposition to militant solidarity.  I was only making a reference to your ranting.  However, I do appreciate that you aren't making any personal attacks.  Your rant did have some valid points, but it seemed to be all over the place.

markie

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2003, 02:21:00 pm »
After the most gruesome and heartbreaking act of terrorism in American history, we are beginning to witness explosions of hate crimes. The enemy has been identified: If it looks different or worships differently, it has become the enemy to many bewildered, devastated and angry Americans.

So two groups emerge - one that is clearly American, and another, American at heart, but different in appearance. As one group gets angrier, the other frantically attempts to recede into the shadows. And thus begins an internal war of us vs. them.

The flag has become similar to the blood on the doors of the Israelites on the day of Passover in Egypt. If it is displayed, does that mean freedom - not freedom to live, work and play, but freedom from harassment, torture or possibly death at the hands of fellow Americans - for those who live inside?

ratioci nation

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2003, 02:28:00 pm »
Ok I havent been too talkative recently but this caught my eye. I don't hate
 every new fan that comes along. I DO hate the ignorant people who hear a
 bit-o-music by a new band on MTV and decide they are the biggest fans...Mommy
 ever tell you to respect your elders? Well, WE are the elders of the blink
 newsgroup.It is just like any other group of people...New members get pushed
 around a bit.So call me an elitist if you like, buddy, But people who switched
 on the TV today and decided they'd be a blink lover- are DEFINITELY inferior to
 some one who knows more than to call blink "that naked band."

markie

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2003, 02:54:00 pm »
Im what you would call a "old school blink fan".  People lable them sell outs however, thats a common misunderstanding blink 182 may get airplay and may be on the covr of teeny magazines but, there doing in in humor and fun not for money and they didn't change there genre of music to make money or to fit in therefore the lable "sell out" dosen't fit the.  Like most "old" blink fans, i prefer there older songs more than i do the newer ones however, i dont have a huge problem with the new cd, i just dont really like there fans...most of them only listen to blink b/c its the "in thing" or b/c there "hot" i listen to them when i want to laugh, i also understand where there lyrics are coming from.  The teenies who listen to blink give all real fans a bad name, dont judge blink on there fans.
        When it comes to what i listen to other than blink, i like the get up kids (old) green day, saves the day, thursday, theused, sum 41, smahing pumpkins, nirvana, less than jake, Allister...bands like that

i have no idea why all of you are posting comments about Simple plan, but i guess i'll give my opinion about them also.  For a boyband Simple plan is a pretty good example of people who need to grow up and stop making punk look like its just a fashion.

ratioci nation

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2003, 03:02:00 pm »
The first time i heard blink was in like 1997 with dude ranch. And i liked them. Not for their music as much but for the lyrics I thought they were funny. I feel sorry for blink cause they did not ask (or want) millions of 13 year old girls to be their main fan base. They just played their music and got lucky. But for all you hard core punks out there you have to realize that without bands like blink182 "seling out" you would not see punk sections in music stores, and would not have the expanding scene that you have now.

Bags

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2003, 03:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by ajiggity:
 It's simply a point that while you were ranting and raving like an uneducated Dennis Miller, you turned into THAT guy.
HEY, don't disparage thatguy -- he's FABULOUS.
   :D

Bags

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2003, 03:14:00 pm »
Here's my rant:  why the FUCK do CDs need those goddamn super-sticky labels across the top to seal them shut?!?!  They're already shrink-wrapped.  Nothing makes me angrier, man, cuz they never come right off.  That's why you should buy indie albums, 'cuz a lot of 'em don't put those on, though I can tell you, Sub Pop and Matador do.  They're not INDIE ANYMORE!!!

markie

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2003, 03:18:00 pm »
the key to those labels was taught me by master leftie.....

Pull the bottom hinge out. So now the CD hinges on the annoying label (perpendicular to the normal plane of hinging), this makes it much easier to remove said label.

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2003, 04:11:00 pm »
Did anyone see the movie, "The Wedding Singer"?

Remember the line said by Adam Sandler, "Hey, take off my t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up."

Welp, it's kinda like that....all this text especially long details about Justin, you guys are gonna break the board [again].

Oh and another movie analogy....has this board become "West Side Story"?

Samantha

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2003, 04:19:00 pm »
ok IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!

am I a teenybopper?  :(

markie

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2003, 04:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:
  ok IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!

am I a teenybopper?    :(  
A search for samnatha and teenybopper, revealed this?

http://www.storysite.org/story/paula~01.html

do you like to swim?

ajiggity

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2003, 04:38:00 pm »
quote:
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 It's simply a point that while you were ranting and raving like an uneducated Dennis Miller, you turned into THAT guy.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY, don't disparage thatguy -- he's FABULOUS.

______

Yeah. . . I just noticed that there is a member called thatguy.  Be assured, nothing disparaging in his direction.  To quote Jeremy Piven in PCU "You're wearing the tshirt of the band your going to see?  Don't be THAT guy."

Classic.

ratioci nation

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2003, 04:40:00 pm »
  quote:
 Yeah. . . I just noticed that there is a member called thatguy.  Be assured, nothing disparaging in his direction.  To quote Jeremy Piven in PCU "You're wearing the tshirt of the band your going to see?  Don't be THAT guy."

Classic.
Blow me where the pampers is!

ajiggity

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2003, 04:50:00 pm »
NICE

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2003, 04:53:00 pm »
bilge