Author Topic: Archives  (Read 1787 times)

SPARX

Archives
« on: October 09, 2003, 01:39:00 pm »
Is there an archives anywhere that you can check to see who played at the old 930 on a particular date,and possibly reviews from said show?Just a long shot but would be quite interesting.Also,what is done with audio tapes from past shows recorded by the club?Is there possible access to these?Oh,and one more thing.does anybody who worked or frequented the club in the mid to late 80's remember an employee named James(tiny,dark hair,dj'd i think).Just wondered what ever became of him?

bungle bud

Re: Archives
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 01:48:00 pm »
um,i dont know

twangirl

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 01:56:00 pm »
If you give me the date you want to investigate I can tell you who played, but there isn't an archive of show reviews from the old club. Also, there isn't an archive of recordings of past shows. If recordings were made, it was done at the band's request and the band was given the tape.

SPARX

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 02:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by twangirl:
  If you give me the date you want to investigate I can tell you who played, but there isn't an archive of show reviews from the old club. Also, there isn't an archive of recordings of past shows. If recordings were made, it was done at the band's request and the band was given the tape.
Thanks,I was looking for a recording of a good friend who has passed away.They played in Jan. 91 at the 3 bands 3 bucks show.I thought maybe i could get a better copy of his show.The band name was Salo.I do have a cassette copy but it's in rather bad condition.Thanks for your time.Do you remember James who worked there?I think he was the one who got me the original years ago.

twangirl

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 06:05:00 pm »
There wasn't a 3B3B in January '91, but they did play on May 26, 1991. Salo had the middle slot, between Hell County Regulars and East Is East, an odd collection of bands to say the least. Good turnout though.  I'm sorry about your friend.

demetra

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2003, 09:40:00 pm »
I remember James.

SPARX

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 10:25:00 am »
  There wasn't a 3B3B in January '91, but they did play on May 26, 1991. Salo had the middle slot, between Hell County Regulars and East Is East, an odd collection of bands to say the least. Good turnout though.  I'm sorry about your friend.
Thanks for checking.I appreciate your condolences,he was a great guy.

SPARX

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 10:26:00 am »
Originally posted by darko:
  I remember James.
Any idea how I can contact him?

SPARX

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2003, 03:51:00 pm »
Twangirl,just noticed you were checking on the boards.I checked the date of the Salo show and it was indeed in January,the 8th,i had the year wrong,it's actually '93.Salo was just getting it together in that May 91  show,not one of their better performances,if memory serves. I know it's a long shot but  if you could check on it I'd appreciate it.Maybe a member of another band that played that night may have a copy I could get my hands on.I'm rather desperate at this point,the show was amazing that night.

twangirl

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2003, 05:49:00 pm »
OK, it was January 9, 1993. They played first of 3, with The Ignobles and Love That Transcends. I don't remember who LTT is/was, but Ignobles people went on to form Jonathan Fire*eater and are now back in the area.

SPARX

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2003, 05:53:00 pm »
  OK, it was January 9, 1993. They played first of 3, with The Ignobles and Love That Transcends. I don't remember who LTT is/was, but Ignobles people went on to form Jonathan Fire*eater and are now back in the area.
Thanks for checking for me,greatly appreciated.