Author Topic: Summer, Bummer  (Read 1461 times)

slowgraffiti

Summer, Bummer
« on: June 06, 2008, 07:24:00 pm »
It's been weeks and nothing I do stops summer from sucking. There's nothing to do besides reading and tv watching that I could have done during the school year. People wouldn't hire me last year because I wasn't 18, but now I am, and still no summer employment! All I do is volunteer, watch bravo, and memorize poems.

I figure home from school boredom is historical, so maybe you all with the history could suggest: what to do with my time, what they did with their time, or that i shut up and keep watching top chef re-runs like they're new episodes.

walkonby

Re: Summer, Bummer
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 07:28:00 pm »
you could take up meditation, strengthen your brain up to a point of mensa confusion, then slowly craft a inner society, that you are the head of naturally and only exists to you, no one else.  for if they knew, they would think you were crazy.  by the time you are done, it should be september again.

Mobius

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 11:36:00 pm »
learn guitar. get really good

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 01:01:00 am »
GET A JOB OR TRAVEL!

come on.  i'm 18 in a month and i just graduated.  i'm going to get the fuck out of here, because everyone knows that graduated senior + parents at home + wanting freedom but not fully grasping it = baaad news...

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 02:10:00 am »
Take him/her with you?

Originally posted by you be betty:
  GET A JOB OR TRAVEL!

come on.  i'm 18 in a month and i just graduated.  i'm going to get the fuck out of here, because everyone knows that graduated senior + parents at home + wanting freedom but not fully grasping it = baaad news...
احمد

grotty

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 10:57:00 am »
Originally posted by slowgraffiti:
  It's been weeks and nothing I do stops summer from sucking. There's nothing to do besides reading and tv watching that I could have done during the school year. People wouldn't hire me last year because I wasn't 18, but now I am, and still no summer employment! All I do is volunteer, watch bravo, and memorize poems.

I figure home from school boredom is historical, so maybe you all with the history could suggest: what to do with my time, what they did with their time, or that i shut up and keep watching top chef re-runs like they're new episodes.
Wow - someday (probably very soon) you will chuckle heartily that you ever felt that way.
 I've got about 15 pages of to do/want to do lists that you can start on if you get desperate...

slowgraffiti

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 11:43:00 am »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  GET A JOB OR TRAVEL!

i'm going to travel, but that's in september! i'd love to fill up the meantime with gtfo miscellany but it's hard without money or restaurant experience.

yesterday, i tried to entice my neighbors whom i have never talked to before to hire me by knocking on their doors and telling them that along with all of the other skills that second year liberal arts students have, i'm also good with kids and pastries, so they should figure out a way to hire me. but they don't think i'm charming, i stopped after the third house.

also, i'm a her.