Author Topic: so I'm in DC this week.  (Read 2605 times)

sonickteam2

so I'm in DC this week.
« on: March 14, 2005, 12:52:00 pm »
have to commute from Baltimore to DC all week long.  talk about a 7:15 - 9am trip!!! ugh.

at least i'm in Dupont Circle..

eltee

Re: so I'm in DC this week.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 01:27:00 pm »
well at least it's not VA to DC.  ;)

tenfifteen

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 01:42:00 pm »
If you're not averse to the train, try MARC. Penn Station to Union Station in under an hour. Not sure of the fare... it's $5 for me, and I get on at the halfway point (Odenton).

http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/marc/schedulesSystemMaps/Amtrak%20Nov%202004%20Web.pdf

sonickteam2

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 01:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by tenfifteen:
  If you're not averse to the train, try MARC. Penn Station to Union Station in under an hour. Not sure of the fare... it's $5 for me, and I get on at the halfway point (Odenton).

http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/marc/schedulesSystemMaps/Amtrak%20Nov%202004%20Web.pdf
i DID take the MARC!!!   took the 7:35 train, got to Union at 8:30 then had to ride the metro.

overall, i almost think it would be the same time to drive. well, probably not.
   and the $10 lunch at Fuddruckers is killin me. must pack turkey sandwich for tomorrow....

eltee

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
Add: Must pick up tickets for friends at 9:30 box office

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 01:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Winter Pays For Summer:
  Add: Must pick up tickets for friends at 9:30 box office
ha. yeah, i might swing by the club for some of those Handsome Boy Modeling School tickets.

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 02:03:00 pm »
Must try other food options than a crappy chain.

Any men try to pick you up in Dupont yet?

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by tenfifteen:

i DID take the MARC!!!   took the 7:35 train, got to Union at 8:30 then had to ride the metro.

and the $10 lunch at Fuddruckers is killin me. must pack turkey sandwich for tomorrow.... [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 02:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:

i have one half hour for lunch here (unless i wanna stay til 6pm here) i ate at the closest place available.  unless you wanna bring me my lunch tomorrow  :)   you can run it over here I'm sure.

SupremeBeingofLeisure

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 05:40:00 pm »
   and the $10 lunch at Fuddruckers is killin me. must pack turkey sandwich for tomorrow.... [/QB]
Dude, get the "kids meal" at fudds for $4.02.  You get a 1/3 burger, fries, regular size drink, and a cookie.  It's the secret menu item.  Don't let the Man take your money again.

jkeisenh

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 05:42:00 pm »

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:

i have one half hour for lunch here (unless i wanna stay til 6pm here) i ate at the closest place available.  unless you wanna bring me my lunch tomorrow   :)    you can run it over here I'm sure. [/b]
Cross the street to Julia's Empanadas.  You'll thank yourself.

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 05:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  Cross the street to Julia's Empanadas.  You'll thank yourself.
okie dokie, I'll try that.

markie

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 05:58:00 pm »
Get a sandwich from the liquor store just North of the circle, the one opposite wrapworks.

Wrapworks turned shite after Chipotle moved in, has anyone been to it recently?

And that leads us to Chipotle.

Then across the road is Zorba, the Turkish Kabob place.

All of these would be higher on my list than the greasy burger place.

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2005, 06:09:00 pm »
Stop by and hang out with me at Union Station. We can shoot the shit about hockey, Motley Crue, Guiny's girlfriend, and the Japanese golf championships.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2005, 06:09:00 pm »
you gonna come out to watch games this thursday and friday. . .don't forget to wear your green on thursday!
OU812

eltee

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2005, 06:43:00 pm »
Yeah, Julia's. Or the bakery/market shop next to Olsson's. Anyhow, everything is expensive, so bring your bird sandwich, sonick. However, I dig the deli on the corner too. Stock up on all sorts of stuff there. Buy your drinks there so you don't have to trek to CVS/Rite Aid.
 Wrapworks did go to shite after Baja, etc. and better smoothie places opened.