Author Topic: Depeche Mode Re-issues  (Read 1369 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Depeche Mode Re-issues
« on: June 22, 2006, 12:40:00 pm »
Anyone get or planning on getting the latest round of DM Re-Issues CD + DVD for  Speak & Spell,  Music For The Masses and  Violator? ?

I prefer the CD + DVD combo over the dual disc format they used for the Talking Heads.  My inner audio geek would be curious to hear the 5.1 surround sound mixes on the DVD.

My question is whether or not the bonus tracks (b-sides & 12" mixes) on each DVD are rippable.  And it seems they skimped a bit on the number of bonus tracks which could have been added especially to the DVD.

They have also given the deluxe (read overpriced) treatment to Matthew Sweet's "Girlfriend" and Tears for Fears "Songs for the Big".

I'll also be standing in line for the recent Boston and Steve Miller remasters.  NOT!  There are things heard while in High School that should now be avoided at all costs  :)
T.Rex

hostiledm

Re: Depeche Mode Re-issues
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 04:47:00 pm »
Ive got them. I have not listened to the cds, but the dvd mixes (esp the DTS) are amazing.  Im hearing things in the songs I have never heard before.

the extra tracks are on the dvd disc, and you get to them by using the on screen menu.

The thing that really suprised me was how interesting the 'movies' are . There is a documentry (between 30-40 minutes) on each disk, which talks about the making of each record. They have new interviews with just about everyone involved. Band memebers, Alan Wilder, Vince Clark, Daniel Miller, Flood, etc. Really fun to watch, and suprisingly informative.

Definatly very cool!

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 05:36:00 pm »
I've yet to hear a dolby/dts remix that I like better than listening to the original over a good 2 channel or 2.1 setup.  I think though that I've just yet to get my hands on anything with a really good 5.1 remix.

Can anybody here recommend something with a great 5.1 remaster?  Not a huge Depche Mode fan, sorry.

hostiledm

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 05:37:00 pm »
Beck - Sea Change.  its amazing.