Author Topic: smoking ban  (Read 15892 times)

sonickteam2

Re: smoking ban
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 10:02:00 am »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  Don't forget bitching about tall people who get there at a decent time so they can be near the front while the shorter people pile in at the last second and complain because they can't see.

2008 - Ban on people over 6 feet tall from attending ANY concert so nobody has to worry about not being able to see every inch of the stage.
HAHA!!! yes. DC would be the first place to do that too.

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 10:12:00 am »
Originally posted by RatBastard:
  Smoking isnt a right.
then neither is going to a concert.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 10:25:00 am »
Originally posted by the sonick:
 the ban was made by people who love to bitch, supported by people who love to bitch and will be enjoyed by people who love to bitch.
well said ... the large majority of people could give a fuck either way about this thing, and i'd be interested to see how many of the ban supporters actually go to bars (not restaurants) after dinner-time

jon stewart recently said something great on the daily show recently (in an interview with washpost reporter juliet eilperin):  "this country is run by extremists because moderates have shit to do"
(o|o)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 10:34:00 am »
ain't it great people who prefer to go to smokefree shows are bitchy... the only bitching i see here are from people bitching about people who want to go to smoke free shows.
T.Rex

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 10:35:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:
 jon stewart recently said something great on the daily show recently (in an interview with washpost reporter juliet eilperin):  "this country is run by extremists because moderates have shit to do"
Was it great because you said so, or was it really great?

ggw

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 10:40:00 am »
Actually, it's because most moderates are apathetic.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 10:43:00 am »
Whoever owns the building should be able to decide the policies governing what happens inside so long as those acivities are within the law. And last time I checked, smoking was legal.

That said, I won't be crying when the ban goes into effect, seeing as I don't smoke cigarettes.  Sometimes it bugs me a bit at shows, but not to the point of incessant bitching.

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 10:47:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Actually, it's because most moderates are apathetic. [/b]
Aww...

Go Fauquier yourself.

bearman🐻

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 10:52:00 am »

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2006, 10:53:00 am »
Originally posted by V.Vishnu A.Harry Chestwig:
  Was it great because you said so, or was it really great?
because i said so, did i infer otherwise?
(o|o)

sonickteam2

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 10:58:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  ain't it great people who prefer to go to smokefree shows are bitchy... the only bitching i see here are from people bitching about people who want to go to smoke free shows.
then you didnt read all of the posts Kosmo.

seems like anarchist, jeffml and Alex's posts were bitching about smoking.

who was bitching about non smokers bitching?

not me, cause i dont hang out in DC!!  except i WILL be irritated when hockey season rolls around and i wont be able to smoke in the Dewars bar at Verizon.   its a shame cause i think its the only reason people go all the over to that bar.  its gonna be empty come January!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 11:03:00 am »
Originally posted by the sonick:
 except i WILL be irritated when hockey season rolls around and i wont be able to smoke in the Dewars bar at Verizon.   its a shame cause i think its the only reason people go all the over to that bar.  its gonna be empty come January!
that place is like a airport smoking lounge, the ONLY reason anyone goes there is to smoke
(o|o)

lbcardoni

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 11:44:00 am »
will smoke machines be banned?

alex

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2006, 12:37:00 pm »
No, I do understand.  I understand that it's stupid for someone to not smoke all day, and then suddenly lose all self-control at night when they drink at a bar and feel the need to smoke with their drinks.  It's pointless, and adds to the already horrible air at the Black Cat.

Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by Alex:
  I've never ever understood the whole "I only smoke when I drink" bullshit.
If you don't understand it, then you've little room to comment.

What, do you think people are lying just for the hell of it?  Just to fuck with you?  That's bullshit.

The ban is happening.  The end.  As a "social, alcohol-induced" smoker I'm probably looking forward to the ban as much as many (I'm sure I'll quit, which is great) -- imagine how much more bearable Black Cat will be!!  But lay off the folks who will have big adjustments to make.  

I have not had a cigarette that didn't follow at least 2 drinks in 6 or 7 years...Why would I make that shit up for you?? [/b]

nanj

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2006, 12:47:00 pm »
I think my only real problem with smoking in a club like 930 is when you're smoking on the floor with a person next to you with really long hair and the cigarette is getting way too close. I don't know how many times my daughter has told me that story. If they could just say no smoking on a sold out floor, just for cautionary reasons, then that would be good enough. I mean, it is a club. I am more afraid of the burning hair aspect than the secondary smoke thing. I don't know which is worse, cigarette smoke or B.O.