Author Topic: In a galaxy not to far from here...  (Read 6787 times)

markie

Re: In a galaxy not to far from here...
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2004, 02:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee_a.k.a _Guiny:
  The more people that are saying are going, the more pissed off i'm getting that i was talked into going to this stupid concert.     :mad:        :mad:        :mad:        :mad:  
Have you met any of the loons before?

Guiny

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2004, 03:32:00 pm »
No, thats why this woulda been perfect. I've seen Sonick but he was crossing the street with his girl and it looked like they were in a rush if you know what i mean. So i just let them go. I'll catch up with you guys one of these years. Maybe Huey Lewis and Corey Hart will do a tour and you guys could meet me there.   ;)

jkeisenh

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2004, 03:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  Oh, and so you know Kosmo, the Yawners are officially gonna be there. Not sure how many will show, but I'm betting at least 10 of us, including some 930 folks. Hope that helps.
Ummm... you're taking a group of 10 to the Hut??  Have you been there before?  The whole place fits like 40 people max and the tables are usually all taken... and the biggest table probably seats 6, 8 if you're lucky...

redsock

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2004, 03:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimblysweep:

Oh, and so you know Kosmo, the Yawners are officially gonna be there. Not sure how many will show, but I'm betting at least 10 of us, including some 930 folks. Hope that helps.
Ummm... you're taking a group of 10 to the Hut??  Have you been there before?  The whole place fits like 40 people max and the tables are usually all taken... and the biggest table probably seats 6, 8 if you're lucky... [/b]
I've fit bigger groups....sides, I doubt everyone will be there all at once anyway. Plus you got Markie and lulu at the bar with Pollard and thirsty...thats four hovering folks anyway.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2004, 03:43:00 pm »
i dunno if i were wanting to have a confab in a cool bar, the corner area near the bar would be fine for 10 people to huddle in...
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2004, 11:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by Bags:
  ggggrrrrr, I'll be in San Francisco.  I know, it sounds great, but it's a three day technical conference that just may well drive me to an early death.... Bags, Grandaddy at the Warfield that night.  Smackette and I will be there.  That could save you from an early death. [/b]
Smack, Grandaddy is not high on my list...okay, they're not on my list at all.  I don't get 'em.  And I may have dinner with cousins that night...I was thinking of the Jackson show, but don't know if I'll hit anything.  But if I'm free, I may go out just to go out!

markie

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2004, 01:05:00 pm »
I am really sorry, but I wont be able to make it tonight. I am all fluey and feeling shite. Believe me I would much rather be there than here watching mind-numbing TV all night long.

mankie

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2004, 01:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
  I am really sorry, but I wont be able to make it tonight. I am all fluey and feeling shite. Believe me I would much rather be there than here watching mind-numbing TV all night long.
Be sure to drink lots of water....oh, right,  you live in DC..maybe not!
   :D

markie

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2004, 01:12:00 pm »
I never drink DC tap-water, well I guess I do at restaurants etc...... Never at home though. It tastes so awful and is really poor quality. Weren't there particulates of crap found in it a few years ago?

brennser

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2004, 01:14:00 pm »
Be sure to drink lots of water....oh, right, you live in DC..maybe not!

well even if he was drinking water at the galaxy hut theres no guarantee he'd be  safe

and you MoCo folks seem to be having some water-related troubles of your  own

mankie

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2004, 01:21:00 pm »
I believe there are little bits of pooh-pooh floating around in DC tap-water, it counters the taste of lead evidently.

I can't read the wash post link about MoCo water because I refuse to register with them.

Thank heavens for Brita though, we've used it for years in our house.

Dandy01

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2004, 01:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by i do not heart winter:

I live in Arlington, so I suppose I can find my way over there.
I've had a realization.
 Three (or more) of the cool, underrated board loons live in arlington!! Guiny, Redsock and Myself. Good work. Arlington is fun. [/b]
I live there too  :D

eltee

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2004, 02:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
My brother gave me a purifier that filters 10,000 gallons of water. No cleaning, changing, nada. Pretty nifty.

Celeste

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2004, 02:24:00 pm »
Us, too...and in Chicago, which until recently had a great supply of water...I don't know why folks just don't go buy these. It says it takes care of 98% of the lead. I'd never regularly drink unfiltered water from any city source (or probably any source for that matter)

eltee

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2004, 02:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Harriet Balls:

Us, too...and in Chicago, which until recently had a great supply of water...I don't know why folks just don't go buy these. It says it takes care of 98% of the lead. I'd never regularly drink unfiltered water from any city source (or probably any source for that matter) [/b]
People at work drink water from the water fountains next to the bathrooms - blech! I keep a Brita at my desk. The purifier at home purifies vs. filters the water (so my brother tells me).