Author Topic: In a galaxy not to far from here...  (Read 6783 times)

mankie

Re: In a galaxy not to far from here...
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2004, 02:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dandy01:

Originally posted by i do not heart winter:

Originally posted by redsock:
  I live in Arlington, so I suppose I can find my way over there.
I've had a realization.
 Three (or more) of the cool, underrated board loons live in arlington!! Guiny, Redsock and Myself. Good work. Arlington is fun. [/b]
I live there too   :D  [/b]
There used to be a right tosser who hung about in Arlington...but then I got a job in Dulles.

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2004, 09:29:00 am »
Does anyone here post to the soulstrut.com forum?  I noticed they posted something about IPOD DJs & the Galaxy Hut.

Bags

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2004, 10:27:00 am »
I've heard about this in NY (someone was just talking about it), but didn't know it had hit the DC area....hmmmm.  Could make for an awesome forum "battle of the ipods" night.

And I like this from the article:  "Inspired by "No Wax" at London's trendy dreambagsjaguarshoes and Andrew/Andrew's "iParty" at New York's APT lounge, The Cricklewood Massive
 presents "iPod Jukebox" at Galaxy Hut on April 28. "iPod Jukebox" is an open DJ night that replaces the turntables with portable MP3 players. No vinyl. No CDs. No kidding."

I love the name of the trendy dj night dreambagsjaguarshoes -- it's like a fun amalgam of forum members...   :D

Bags

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2004, 10:53:00 am »
Uh oh, it's like the folks on that DJ board (where Dupek sources the article from) know we're coming:

"just think of the average person you see with an ipod (i'll exclude myself, i'm obviously not average), and think about what kind of music they listen to on it. i guess there's no way to really know but i imagine a guest ipod dj night would be bloody horrible...full of wierd indie rock almost emo music that you would hear on a volkswagon commercial."