Author Topic: Formula One  (Read 2553 times)

Formula One
« on: February 17, 2004, 06:13:00 pm »
So fellow homonids,

We have F1 kicking off in a few weeks, who is gonna win the championship this year?

Is Michael past his best? Is Montoya in the right team? Will Kimi find 3rd gear??????

markie

Re: Formula One
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 06:33:00 pm »
I am so excited.......This has the makings of one of the best seasons in years. With Williams Renault and BAR in the ascent and Mclaren and perhaps even Ferrari looking less good. It could mean 5 different teams consistently challenging for podiums.

I think Michael Schumacher is past his best. Kimi Raikonnen is going to be stymied by Mclaren. I fancy Montoya and Ralfie in the williams to do a good job.

It would be great if it was Alonso in the Renault giving them a hard time. But if Button and BAR can join the fray that would be fantastic.

mankie

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 06:38:00 pm »
Michael wll win it all again this year...then retire.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 06:40:00 pm »
I wonder if Earnhardt will move to F1?

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 06:42:00 pm »
I am well looking forward to the start of the new season and especially this race at the newly built track... April 4, Grand Prix of Bahrain (Bahrain)  The new Italian guy Pantano looks fast too racing for Jordan, can't do any worse than Verstappen last season!

bungle bud

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 06:43:00 pm »
and the big question you forgot to ask is will there be some overtaking?
 i think you will see one overtaking manoeuvre about mid season then one more before the seasons over, if thats the case it will be the most exciting formula one season ever.

stu47

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 06:51:00 pm »
I'm just happy spa is back on the schedule

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 06:58:00 pm »
F1 is now a showcase racing series (one might call it the sunday parade) with no personality. The fact that a racing series has to change rules constantly to "create" excitement is in itself not a good thing.   It shows that the product is seriously flawed. Add to this that the field is missing character badly (needs more Irvine/Villeneuve-type drivers) and you have one boring show.  The Ferrari is boringly reliable..but has Schumi got enough desire to win still??   "The MaCMersu..?" It is very new and faster than the Ferrari on paper.  

Ferrari/Williams/McLaren/Renault will lead the field and reliability will determine the winner, but will they get it all together quick enough?  Engine reliabilty, pit stops and driver error mean that anything can happen, and anyone can win...even Montoya.

JGatz

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 09:49:00 pm »
I can't wait.  I'm wondering how BAR will do no that they have a fellow country men in one of their rides.  I hope Renault can keep up the good work they started last season but I think they have a new engine for season, so we'll see.

Anyone watching WRC this season.  Looks like citroen and loeb will take the contructors and drivers.  I'd like to see ford and markko in the hunt.  All the new young drivers are going to make for a great season.

Why does anyone watch NASCAR???  

When are they going to bring the WRC to the US???

I hope the IRL and Tony George break and join up with champ car.  The US needs ONE open wheel racing season and series back.

markie

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 11:50:00 pm »
I will gamble that Michael will not win the championship this year. He didnt deserve to win last year, and he came within inches of throwing it all away. I have a strong feeling this year is Williams and BMWs turn.

Renault do have a new engine, but the switch from a wide to a narrow angle is not necessarily too difficult. The engine will be intrinsically stronger and lighter, but have a higher center of gravity. The renaults have been putting in some very impressive long run testing times. It would be great to see them leapfrog Mclaren.

edbert

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2004, 10:45:00 am »
Could you guys lend me $15,000? I'd like to take a stripper to the Monaco Grand Prix and stay on the Club Med yacht in the harbor. Thanks.
 http://www.grand-prix-monaco.net/club_med_2.htm

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2004, 10:47:00 am »
Why would you want to take a stripper?

Originally posted by edbert:
  Could you guys lend me $15,000? I'd like to take a stripper to the Monaco Grand Prix and stay on the Club Med yacht in the harbor. Thanks.
  http://www.grand-prix-monaco.net/club_med_2.htm

mankie

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2004, 10:49:00 am »
Originally posted by bungle bud:
  and the big question you forgot to ask is will there be some overtaking?
 i think you will see one overtaking manoeuvre about mid season then one more before the seasons over, if thats the case it will be the most exciting formula one season ever.
Blah, blah, blahdi blah...at least Formula 1 drivers can make right turns.

markie

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2004, 10:57:00 am »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:

American strippers are probably much cheaper than anything you will find in Monaco.

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2004, 11:52:00 am »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:

Maybe his woodwork needs sanding and varnishing before a coat of shellac is applied, go figure.