Author Topic: What to choose?  (Read 3235 times)

xcanuck

Re: What to choose?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2004, 12:59:00 pm »
If you like Elliott, you'll love Earlimart. I saw them open for Arcade Fire in Seattle and they were great. Definitely a Grandaddy-meets-Elliott experience. I picked up Treble and Tremble and have been enjoying it thoroughly.

The new Elliott CD has some weak points but what do you expect when the songwriter/performer isn't around to complete the project...and the family picks the songs based on which lyrics are least likely to lambaste them personally?

Anything by Neko Case HAS to be worth checking out, don't you think?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2004, 02:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

Originally posted by pollard:
  the lead singer was a neighbor of elliot smiths and they were friends, he has said the album is mostly about smith
Interesting. I didn't know that. Those two choices would make a perfect pair!

M83: Very good if you like lush Electronic music. It's not the Electronic type that gets lost once your brain leaves recording studio mode as it's very melodic but if you aren't up for that sort of cerebral experience, it might bore you. I don't know where your tastes lean in that regard. [/b]
holy crap, i was blown away by "dead cities...", it's one of the better albums i'd heard in a while ... plus, their website is fucking awesome.
(o|o)

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2004, 02:16:00 pm »
Yes, especially when she uses the Sadies as her backing band on a live album.

Originally posted by xcanuck:

Anything by Neko Case HAS to be worth checking out, don't you think?