Author Topic: fuck the LSAT  (Read 7676 times)

jkeisenh

Re: fuck the LSAT
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2004, 12:49:00 am »
A friend of mine got a 163 and was wait listed at Georgetown.  She was unwilling to apply to GW though, since it's rather expensive for a not so good school

eltee

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2004, 12:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
 because i want to get a professional degree, and law just makes sense.  i'm an analytical person.
 [/QB]
Watch Law & Order marathons instead.

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2004, 12:09:00 pm »
Is a "right of passage" something particular to those living on the West Coast? Is it the same thing as a "rite of passage", or is it something altogether different?

Originally posted by vansmack:
  Right of passage.....

For what it's worth, 9 times out of 10, the LSAT will not beat you, you will beat yourself.  

Go in positive, come out positive; stay relaxed, be rewarded.  That's the best advice I can give you.

BookerT

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2004, 01:32:00 pm »
a friend of mine got around the same score you did, within a couple of points. he didn't get into g'town. he got into GW. he's in his second year and just accepted a job at a firm that will be paying him $2,400/week. so i think you'll probably end up doing just fine.

but then again, he is like 1/8th hispanic, so that may have helped him out.

filthypit

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2004, 12:44:00 pm »
160 is good enough to get you into uva or william & mary...  

georgetown is a great school - but fuck d.c. it's a shithole, in case you haven't noticed.

the best thing about d.c. is the bulletproof drive-thru windows @ taco bell - at least you can be sure the employees won't shoot you.

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2004, 12:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Tee:

Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
 because i want to get a professional degree, and law just makes sense.  i'm an analytical person.
 [/b]
Watch Law & Order marathons instead. [/QB]
LOL.  the Golden Rule, if you don't have enough evidence you can always cut a deal for "man 1"  :)

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2004, 01:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:
  a friend of mine got around the same score you did, within a couple of points. he didn't get into g'town. he got into GW. he's in his second year and just accepted a job at a firm that will be paying him $2,400/week. so i think you'll probably end up doing just fine.

So education, in your opinion, is defined as 'making money'?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2004, 01:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by B. Chermeet:

So education, in your opinion, is defined as 'making money'? [/b]
oh yeah, i'm going to law school as this grand intellectual academic exercise ... won't it be great to know all about torts and con-law?!

i'm actually not even planning on getting a job afterwards, i'll just apply for unemployment benefits and wallow in my debt.
(o|o)

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2004, 01:11:00 pm »
If there's one thing America doesn't yet have enough of, then it's surely more lawyers.  Good choice!

joeavrage

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2004, 01:20:00 pm »

So education, in your opinion, is defined as 'making money'? [/b]
The point is, that if you're going to spend $150,000 dollars on an education, you'd better have some way of paying it off later... be it a job at a firm, or a good public interest job with a loan forgiveness program from your school.

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2004, 01:30:00 pm »
I'd always heard that law was the study of language.  If you're in law for any other reason, then you're really not getting "An Education"...you're merely getting lessons on how to make money.

Celeste

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2004, 01:45:00 pm »
  I'd always heard that law was the study of language.  If you're in law for any other reason, then you're really not getting "An Education"...you're merely getting lessons on how to make money.
if that was entirely true, we wouldn't have lawyers on here talking about "rights of passage" would we   ;)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2004, 02:44:00 pm »
damn fucking straight i'm getting lessons on how to make money ... when did i ever say otherwise?
(o|o)

joeavrage

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2004, 02:45:00 pm »
Believe me, if you finish law school you'll get an education whether you make money afterwards or not.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2004, 02:45:00 pm »
  If there's one thing America doesn't yet have enough of, then it's surely more lawyers.  Good choice!
goddamn, you are one insightful, original creature ... i sure wish i was on your email forwarding list!
(o|o)