Author Topic: Return of the King  (Read 14152 times)

brennser

Return of the King
« on: December 17, 2003, 11:19:00 am »
Get your geek on folks!!! Has anyone seen it - I saw it last night and was blown away - easily the best film in the trilogy, except for the last 5 minutes there was literally not a second of wasted footage...

ratioci nation

Re: Return of the King
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 11:29:00 am »
see it tomorrow, but just got a review from a guy in my office who went yesterday, sounds fantastic

Chip Chanko

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 11:41:00 am »
Seeing it tonight.

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 11:43:00 am »
Save your money for Bad Santa.

edbert

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 12:18:00 pm »
I'm not sure about sitting for 3 1/2 hours in a completely sold-out theater with this mutant death flu going around, so I'm gonna wait a month or two, and have also curtailed my habit of licking door knobs.  
 Furthermore I hear that the PS2 game related to this movie is quite decent (Santa: hint hint)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003, 12:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by edbert:
  I'm not sure about sitting for 3 1/2 hours in a completely sold-out theater with this mutant death flu going around, so I'm gonna wait a month or two, and have also curtailed my habit of licking door knobs.  

C'mon!  Don't fall prey to all this media flu hype!  Jeez, next thing you know you'll be wearing one of those surgeon's masks everywhere like some kind of paranoid freak!

Celeste

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 12:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:
  C'mon!  Don't fall prey to all this media flu hype!  Jeez, next thing you know you'll be wearing one of those surgeon's masks everywhere like some kind of paranoid freak!
or, don't fall prey to all the Rings hype

ratioci nation

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2003, 12:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celeste:
  or, don't fall prey to all the Rings hype
yeah all that hype since the original books were written, the longest running string of hype EVER!

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2003, 12:46:00 pm »

Originally posted by chaz:
or, don't fall prey to all the Rings hype [/b]
I believe the rings hype...I loved the first two.  But Americans are turning into a bunch of paranoid wackos and all this flu hype is just another example.  Same with sars.  

Guess how many sars deaths there have been in the US?

poorlulu

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2003, 01:11:00 pm »
i'm almost as excited at seeing the return of the king tommorrow night as i am about harry potter,

oooh i can't wait for harry potter..........

MaLo

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2003, 01:48:00 pm »
my manager is taking my entire group to see it at 3pm today...i'm trying to figure out how to get out of going...i've not seen/read the first 2 movies/books...so i'm a bit worried i'm going to be completely bored

plus, i can't sit still for longer than an hour..i'm going to have to get up and take a few laps around the theater to make it through

ps, i did enjoy Bad Santa...worth the bucks

grotty

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2003, 01:57:00 pm »
I saw it last night...actually this morning - just a weird situation...leaving the movies @ 3:30 a.m.

You're gonna like it. I preferred the Two Towers, as I did the novels way back when, but I don't mean to take anything away from this one - it's an amazing visual treat.

Celeste

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2003, 02:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by MaLo:
  my manager is taking my entire group to see it at 3pm today...i'm trying to figure out how to get out of going...i've not seen/read the first 2 movies/books...so i'm a bit worried i'm going to be completely bored

plus, i can't sit still for longer than an hour..i'm going to have to get up and take a few laps around the theater to make it through

ps, i did enjoy Bad Santa...worth the bucks
maybe you can get a hold of some weed before the show

MaLo

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2003, 02:26:00 pm »
Hah! Not really into that stuff anymore.  

I'm sure my mormon boss would love it if i showed up with a bag o' weed.

actually, i've just volunteered myself to reinstall some software in our test environment, so maybe that'll take me a while and i'll have an excuse not to go.

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2003, 02:29:00 pm »
Gosh Malo, a Mormon boss who takes everyone to Lord of the Rings? I'll never complain about my bosses ever again.

Originally posted by MaLo:

Hah! Not really into that stuff anymore.  

I'm sure my mormon boss would love it if i showed up with a bag o' weed.

actually, i've just volunteered myself to reinstall some software in our test environment, so maybe that'll take me a while and i'll have an excuse not to go. [/b]