Author Topic: REM Roll Call  (Read 10281 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: REM Roll Call
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2008, 04:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

Originally posted by ixkpd-bk:
 Tonight's show was completely and entirely drenched and the show went on, at the Jones Beach amphitheater, completely outdoor, in the middle of a lightning storm! I loved it! They knew that the die-hards were left in the audience (Seriously, like 70% of the audience left once it started raining, which was in between Modest Mouse and when they would've gone on), so they played a BUNCH of rare stuff they never do. The written setlist was WAY better than what they actually played, but even still, it was amazing.

The main level seemed pretty full from my POV.  I'd say at least 50% of the crowd was still there.   After they got started it was tons of fun.    Kind of a drag that we got the shortest show of the tour though.  After standing in the pouring rain all night, we got like 4-5 songs fewer than most other shows.   "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?", "So. Central Rain" and "1,000,000" made it worth the drive though.   Fun show - just a little short. [/b]
did either of you make it to the prior torrential downpour at summerstage?? luckily that show was free for everyone, but that was a nightmare... born ruffians set was cut short once the thunder/lightning started. finally kid sister came on - and another downpour started. and a few moments of no rain and then another downpour during vampire weekend.

one of the wettest shows ive ever been to. missed seeing rem there but cant wait till thursday night. then followed up by the cure. sweet jesus! this is going to be an awesome week for me.
HeyLa

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2008, 04:20:00 pm »
Apparently Eddie Vedder came out last night with R.E.M. in Philly.

Ugh, WISH I was there.

Tonight I'm betting Patti Smith will come out and they'll do E-Bow the Letter. I *will* be at that, puking or not!
Woof.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2008, 12:33:00 am »
ok - so i just got home and im dead tired, but i must say that was one awesome show tonight! a lot of highlights for new york. 'leaving new york' sounded really great (first time playing it?? or one of the first.. cant quite recall at the moment).

i love harbourcoat (and ive avoided all set lists) so i was really excited to hear that.

fall on me sounds as great as ever.

mills singing dont go back to rockville was awesome.

johnny marr played on 2 songs during the encore - beyond awesome!

i cant stand modest mouse - but marr makes the band!  loved the national - so nice to see them back in their hometown.

the new stuff sounds phenomenal live. ignoreland - sounded great (some political commentary that got booed).. losing my religion was pretty cool. love pretty persuasion.

yeah great set. 2 hours of pure f'ing heaven.

i cant wait to see how the cure turns out tomorrow night.

the only downside - the morons in my section who wouldnt stand the whole set and yelled at people for standing. then security came and said we all had to sit. WTF is wrong with people.

oh and they saw tom petty there (at msg) 2 nights ago. pretty cool.
HeyLa

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2008, 01:54:00 am »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  ok - so i just got home and im dead tired, but i must say that was one awesome show tonight! a lot of highlights for new york. 'leaving new york' sounded really great (first time playing it?? or one of the first.. cant quite recall at the moment).

i love harbourcoat (and ive avoided all set lists) so i was really excited to hear that.

fall on me sounds as great as ever.

mills singing dont go back to rockville was awesome.

johnny marr played on 2 songs during the encore - beyond awesome!

i cant stand modest mouse - but marr makes the band!  loved the national - so nice to see them back in their hometown.

the new stuff sounds phenomenal live. ignoreland - sounded great (some political commentary that got booed).. losing my religion was pretty cool. love pretty persuasion.

yeah great set. 2 hours of pure f'ing heaven.

i cant wait to see how the cure turns out tomorrow night.

the only downside - the morons in my section who wouldnt stand the whole set and yelled at people for standing. then security came and said we all had to sit. WTF is wrong with people.

oh and they saw tom petty there (at msg) 2 nights ago. pretty cool.
Ditto to all that. Setlist was "okay", but yeah, Harbor Coat is AMAZING, and Leaving New York is a tour debut. I'm all about Man Sized Wreath (WOW!) and I'm Gonna DJ. Hopefully there's gonna be a 2nd leg of their tour come October. Fingers crossed for a Constitution Hall date.
Woof.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2008, 11:19:00 pm »
  Apparently Eddie Vedder came out last night with R.E.M. in Philly.

Yep - He and Michael traded verses on "Begin The Begin".

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2008, 11:25:00 pm »
 Ditto to all that. Setlist was "okay", but yeah, Harbor Coat is AMAZING, and Leaving New York is a tour debut. I'm all about Man Sized Wreath (WOW!) and I'm Gonna DJ.  
Agree about the setlist.  I thought it dragged a little in the middle, but after "Rockville" they were pretty much on fire. "Harborcoat", "Pretty Persuasion" and "Begin The Begin" - yowza.