Author Topic: Long overdue....  (Read 4741 times)

vansmack

Re: Long overdue....
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2003, 03:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  So which free agents are the Orioles going to snag?
Nodoby if they insist on waiting until the winter meetings start.  Them and the Dodgers - unbelievable how poorly run they've become.
27>34

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2003, 03:32:00 pm »
Yes, I agree. They need to stop sitting around grinning and start making offers. If the Sheffield thing falls apart with the Yankees, the Yanks will snatch up Vlad. Or the Marlins will beat the O's out.

Originally posted by vansmack:

Nodoby if they insist on waiting until the winter meetings start.  Them and the Dodgers - unbelievable how poorly run they've become. [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2003, 03:59:00 pm »
not A-Rod!!!!!!  maybe we'll give you guys Garciaparra if you promise not to play him against us  :)

Guiny

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2003, 04:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
  I am glad that on the day that my favorite college basketball team appears to be facing huge penalties, 2 pro coaches got fired to take away some of the spotlight.     :D  

Oh... and the Blues won again.
Yeah well at least my Maple Leafs got one point out of the loss. I'll be seeing them against the Cap's a week from Friday.

Guiny

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2003, 04:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

not A-Rod!!!!!!  maybe we'll give you guys Garciaparra if you promise not to play him against us   :)  [/b]
Even the Red Sox are smart enough not to trade Garciaparra to a divisional rival. The Angels will snag him, that helps me out since Bartolo Colon is one of my fantasy baseball pitchers. I sure wish Vlad was going to Anaheim like it had been rumored. But i'll take him on my Yank's anyday.

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2003, 04:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Guiny:

I am glad that on the day that my favorite college basketball team appears to be facing huge penalties, 2 pro coaches got fired to take away some of the spotlight.      :D  

Oh... and the Blues won again.
Yeah well at least my Maple Leafs got one point out of the loss. I'll be seeing them against the Cap's a week from Friday. [/b]
yeah?  you like the leafs, eh?  I was supposed to go to that game but i have to work.  If i can get off that night, we should meet up for a drink

sonickteam2

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2003, 04:25:00 pm »
  Even the Red Sox are smart enough not to trade Garciaparra to a divisional rival.
i know. but it would be funny. could they get a clause in the contract like that, i wonder?

poor nomar is going to be very sad that he has to move from Boston to sunny california!

Venerable Bede

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2003, 04:25:00 pm »
  Even the Red Sox are smart enough not to trade Garciaparra to a divisional rival. The Angels will snag him, that helps me out since Bartolo Colon is one of my fantasy baseball pitchers. I sure wish Vlad was going to Anaheim like it had been rumored. But i'll take him on my Yank's anyday.
rumour is that anaheim is looking to pick up palmerio.  which leads the way for the yankees to pick up my favourite player. . .the crimedog.
OU812

mankie

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2003, 04:28:00 pm »
This is a HOCKEY thread, please keep your hitty-runny comments to yourselves, thank you.

vansmack

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2003, 04:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Even the Red Sox are smart enough not to trade Garciaparra to a divisional rival.
poor nomar is going to be very sad that he has to move from Boston to sunny california! [/b]
And we'll take him too, thank you very much.  The Halo's would have to give up Jarrod Washburn for him, which saddens me because I think he's one of the best lefties in the AL, but his durability has been questionable every season and with Colon and Escobar, he seems expendable at this juncture.  Washburn and Eckstein for Nomar Garciaparra - oh I can't wait.

Vlad is off the table for the Halos after Colon signed so you can stop wishing for that.  They're looking at Rafeal Palmiero and a speedy right fielder.  They're likely to trade for Garciaparra, Carlos Beltran or Magglio Ordonez though, so Colon will get some offensive help in the not to distant future.

That gives them Colon, Escobar, Sele, Ortiz and Lackey with a solid bullpen (Assuming Wash gets dealt, otherwise subsitute Wash for Lackey).

Glaus, Garciaparra, Kennedy and Rafeal Palmiero in the infield, Anderson, Erstad and a platoon of Salmon and a speedy RFer who has yet to be determined.  If not Garciaparra, Carlos Beltran or Ordonez in the outfield with Erstad at First perhaps.

Happy days in Anaheim again....

Wahoo!

And the PAdres are getting every other free agent the Dodgers were looking at so the Dodger Blue ha become Dodger Blues and I can only go back tot he Kevin Brown deal for that.  Ahahahahaha!!!!
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2003, 04:36:00 pm »
Must be nice to have a team that can spend some money, the Cardinals aren't going to do jack.  Except maybe sign Roberto Alomar, always signing players after their prime.

vansmack

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2003, 04:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
    which leads the way for the yankees to pick up my favourite player. . .the crimedog.
They met with Scott Spezio's agent too.  They'll way overpay him too!
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2003, 04:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  This is a HOCKEY thread, please keep your hitty-runny comments to yourselves, thank you.
The Blues are far better than the Capitals.  Better?  :p  

Oh yeah, they are also as likely to reach the finals as the Capitals.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2003, 04:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

And the PAdres are getting every other free agent the Dodgers were looking at so the Dodger Blue ha become Dodger Blues and I can only go back tot he Kevin Brown deal for that.  Ahahahahaha!!!!
well, i hope that padres pick up lofton. . .the west all of sudden looks very weak, so weak, that the padres might be able to make a run at it this year.  perhaps i can now wear my padres hat in public!!  and yes, i have the vintage 1984 m&n hat as well.  those were some sweet colours!
OU812

mankie

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2003, 04:45:00 pm »

Originally posted by mankie:
The Blues are far better than the Capitals.  Better?   :p  

Oh yeah, they are also as likely to reach the finals as the Capitals. [/b]
EVERY team is far better than the Crapitals. Looking for a bright side, at least I won't have to watch them choke in the playoffs this season.