Author Topic: Ted Leo Roll Call  (Read 7702 times)

nkotb

Re: Ted Leo Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2003, 11:33:00 am »
I will be there, making my annual appearance in DC for one night only.  Can't wait to see you, Lulu.

markie

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2003, 11:35:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotbie:
  I will be there, making my annual appearance in DC for one night only.  Can't wait to see you, Lulu.
Great, dont I feel special?

nkotb

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2003, 11:39:00 am »
Hey, when you start fawning all over me like your wife does, then I'll start caring if you show or not.

For real, I'm pretty excited about seeing you two.  It's been quite a while...in fact, I can't even remember the last time.  

Originally posted by mark e smith:

Great, dont I feel special? [/b]

brennser

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2003, 11:45:00 am »
can't buy tix until doors for the show  
if you don't mind being a little late for the game the Black Cat opens at 7 on Saturdays, at least according to the website - you might be able to buy a ticket right at 7 (pollard - I don't know if they distinguish between opening time and doors for the show)?

ratioci nation

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2003, 11:47:00 am »
Originally posted by brennser:
  if you don't mind being a little late for the game the Black Cat opens at 7 on Saturdays, at least according to the website - you might be able to buy a ticket right at 7 (pollard - I don't know if they distinguish between opening time and doors for the show)?
they normally don't start selling tickets as soon as the actual front doors open, you have to wait outside or in the bar

Bags

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2003, 11:57:00 am »
Unless Ted Leo is REALLY big with the kids and I just don't know about it, I don't think this will sell out....  But I've been wrong before (usually, however, thinking something will sell out that doesn't, 'cuz I tend to give people more credit for appreciating good music!).

godsshoeshine

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2003, 12:01:00 pm »
someone here told me it would sell out, so i bought tickets. i'll be there, have a friend from home coming down for the rockin'.
o/\o

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2003, 12:01:00 pm »
Well he was in the WOXY top 20 played albums of the year, a clear indication that he's big with the kids.

Originally posted by Bagster:
  Unless Ted Leo is REALLY big with the kids and I just don't know about it, I don't think this will sell out....  But I've been wrong before (usually, however, thinking something will sell out that doesn't, 'cuz I tend to give people more credit for appreciating good music!).

markie

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2003, 12:03:00 pm »

For real, I'm pretty excited about seeing you two.  It's been quite a while...in fact, I can't even remember the last time.  

I figured it would be pretty scarey if I fawned over you too. Plus Jadetree would get jealous.

Are you going to bring your little Martian friend as well?

markie

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2003, 12:06:00 pm »
I still think it might sell out. when he played the backbar it filled up very very quickly and there appeared to be a lot of dissappointed people.

But he seems to have gained a lot of momentum in hipster circles since then. Plus its a Saturday night and there has not been a great show for a couple of weeks imho.

igor

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2003, 12:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
 oooh, post how the koz show is.  if there was any show that i would be going to on saturday night it would be that one.  i've been playing the sun kil moon cd non-stop while i'm at work.
same here, i have been listening to that disc since i got it. the kozelek show starts at 7pm and the ottobar has another show later that night, so i should be back in time for ted leo at the black cat. i haven't done a double header in awhile.

i'll let you know how the show goes.

ratioci nation

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2003, 12:08:00 pm »
 Plus Jadetree would get jealous.
is there any way we can get your visa revoked?

lily1

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2003, 12:12:00 pm »
i'll be there too with a couple friends.

Bags

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2003, 12:12:00 pm »
  I still think it might sell out. when he played the backbar it filled up very very quickly and there appeared to be a lot of dissappointed people.

I'm sure y'all are right; I should shut up.  I almost always get tickets in advance, so I rarely think about it much.

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2003, 12:15:00 pm »
Anybody have a fear that both Shins shows will sell out within 24 hours, or do ya think we'll be ok getting them the second night they're on sale?