Author Topic: Ted Leo Roll Call  (Read 7700 times)

markie

Re: Ted Leo Roll Call
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2003, 06:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  pitchfork had something favorable, and amg give them a decent review. take that for what you will, i usually show for openers regardless.
yeah, dont listen to Brennser, he wouldnt know a good band if they sat on him. The joggers were fantastic.

Just kidding, they were stinky poooooo!!!!

Bags

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2003, 06:09:00 pm »
I thought the Joggers were okay.  Not good, not bad. Okay, a little more 'bad' than 'good.'  Interesting, though, with their Whiffenpoof-type harmonic vocal stylings.  What the hell, have a drink upstairs instead of down...

markie

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2003, 06:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:
  I thought the Joggers were okay.  Not good, not bad. Okay, a little more 'bad' than 'good.'
Bagster.....

you are odd.

thirsty moore

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2003, 06:45:00 pm »
If the show doesn't sell out, I'll be there.

Bags

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2003, 07:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:

Originally posted by Bagster:
  I thought the Joggers were okay.  Not good, not bad. Okay, a little more 'bad' than 'good.'
Bagster.....

you are odd. [/b]
yet strangely interesting....
   :p

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2003, 12:08:00 am »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
  Bagster.....

you are odd.
If there was a book on odd characters, I do believe an entire chapter would be devoted to each of us. Bagster is right at home.  ;)

Jaguär

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2003, 01:53:00 am »
Nope. Not going. Don't like them. Have fun everyone!

stu47

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2003, 02:42:00 am »
if I go to anything saturday, might try to make it downtown for the sun kil moon show....

I'm going to see Ted Leo sometime....when he plays baltimore

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2003, 09:37:00 am »
if i'm feeling better by sat, it's off to the mojo room for the annual bopptopia benefit concert.  it's about the only xmas tradition i have these days...
T.Rex

Chip Chanko

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2003, 02:50:00 am »
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lily1

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2003, 12:17:00 pm »
thoughts? very good show but i'm surprised it was only an hour and 15 minutes considering he has a few albums.

brennser

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2003, 12:22:00 pm »
I thought it was really short as well but I was kinda drunk so I wasn't sure - there were a ton of other great songs he could have played

but what a bargain -$10 in and $10 Cds

thirsty moore

« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2003, 01:00:00 am »
Weird War suck so wildly it's not even funny.  Ian Svenonious is a sad caricature of his former stage presence... that's pathetic.  And this is coming from a big Make-Up and NOU fan.

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists were good, but I preferred his solo show at the backstage.  I was impressed with the Deep Six.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2003, 10:51:00 am »
i had a good time. ted's set was short, but i really wasn't expecting a marathon show, knowing his past vocal issues and considering it was near the end of the tour. also ted's facial expressions rule.

i had been wanting to see weird war even before i moved here after seeing the make-up in songs for cassevettes and laughing at ian's crazy explanation for his "little gospel group". sadly, there was no "rhythm hive". the few cool songs were overshadowed by stage banter that has a captain kirk delivery. pls go 3 words without pausing.
o/\o

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2003, 11:32:00 am »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  Weird War suck so wildly it's not even funny.  Ian Svenonious is a sad caricature of his former stage presence... that's pathetic.  And this is coming from a big Make-Up and NOU fan.

wow - I didn't realize he was the guy from Make Up and Nation of Ulysses.  What the hell happened? I like both of those bands, but I couldn't take more than 2-3 songs from Weird War.  We bailed and went downstairs for a while.  They were terrible.

I agree that Deep Six was pretty good though.