Author Topic: Billboard Awards are painful....  (Read 2819 times)

twangirl

Re: Billboard Awards are painful....
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2003, 03:31:00 pm »
I channel-scanned over into it just in time to hear that idiotic Nicole [?] Ritchie say "it's not that fucking simple" on national TV in the middle of prime time. But that's all I saw. The Weather Channel was much more interesting.

vansmack

Re: Billboard Awards are painful....
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2003, 09:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:
  Started out with No Doubt doing an AWFUL cover of Talk Talk's "It's My Life."  
Couldn't agree with you more Bags and I LOVE No Doubt.

Gwen seemed as though she was stuggling to hear the rest of the band through her earpiece and it turned up in her facial expressions and unfortunately her voice.  

As for the song, they covered the song as a tribute to their influences and I don't mind that.  There's no doubt that No Doubt are heavily influenced by the 80's.  Apparently they chose the Talk Talk song because it's a song that 80's fans would recognize, a song that younger fans could instantly enjoy, and most importanly it's a song that written in a style that's close to their hearts.  It was between "It's my Life" and INXS's "don't change" or D-Mode's "Question of Lust" so I think they made the right choice.      

She almost never shows her legs though and I must say she was smoking hot last night, especially for a pregnant woman.

They're on Kimmell tonight so I'm hoping they do a better job of it tonight.  In the alternative, I hope Gwen shows her legs off again.

One other note about last night - I had forgotten about the re-broadcast out west and we got bleeped and yellow screened so many times last night that I turned it off in the first 45 minutes.
27>34