Author Topic: Billboard Awards are painful....  (Read 2818 times)

Bags

Billboard Awards are painful....
« on: December 10, 2003, 09:15:00 pm »
Okay, I'm watching the Billboard Awards because the Foo Fighters are on, and I'm so exhausted (long, long couple of work days) that I need to just lie on my couch.  I don't know if it will be worth it.  

Started out with No Doubt doing an AWFUL cover of Talk Talk's "It's My Life."  First, like that song needs to be redone, and second, man alive Gwen's an awful singer.  At least her own songs likely highlight whatever range she has.

Now Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey are on -- after some jokes that she just plays stupid, the teleprompter was going too fast and she had to have them go back.

Not sure Foo is worth it, but I need to veg anway....

FYI, Foo Fighters played a gig at the House of Blues in Vegas last night since they're out there for the awards -- if only I were wealthy and could take off from work whenever.  I think that's the only reason I'm kinda interested...

flawd101

Re: Billboard Awards are painful....
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 09:22:00 pm »
i decided to watch my algebra 2 hw....and my history book....

i dont think the foos are worth it...its only 1 song and not that good cuz its tv.....go dl a live vid....

Bags

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 09:49:00 pm »
It was ALL worth it.  Dave Grohl and Triumph the Insult Dog just did over 7 minutes of material pooping all over everyone who sucks, especially Britney and American Idol.  SEVEN minutes.  No mercy.   You'd never see anything like that on a Dick Clark production....only Fox.

Man I love that foo man chu.

flawd101

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 09:54:00 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOOO i missed triumph!!!!!fuck! damn it, have to dl it. hopefuly wonder will fall down....while doing his head thing.

MaLo

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 12:06:00 am »
Originally posted by flawd101:
  i decided to watch my algebra 2 hw....
ah, algebra 2, how i miss you

i've spent my evening studying for my IT Architecture and Enterprise Integration finals...all the while avoiding phone calls from work trying to get me to come back in...

i think i'm just going to fall asleep until after christmas

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2003, 08:17:00 am »
First time I've heard a Foo Fighters song, but based on what I saw, they're not immune to the sucking.

What I thought was he funniest was that they had an award for "best mainstream rock song" or something to that effect...as if any BILLBOARD award would not be mainstream.

Originally posted by Bagster:
  It was ALL worth it.  Dave Grohl and Triumph the Insult Dog just did over 7 minutes of material pooping all over everyone who sucks, especially Britney and American Idol.  SEVEN minutes.  No mercy.   You'd never see anything like that on a Dick Clark production....only Fox.

Man I love that foo man chu.

Guiny

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 09:32:00 am »
I was flipping thru the channels and the only thing i saw was Evanascence performing, i have to admit they did a pretty good job. I wont admit that often about a HFS type song so dont expect to many more in the future.

Celeste

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2003, 09:57:00 am »
  ...Started out with No Doubt doing an AWFUL cover of Talk Talk's "It's My Life."  First, like that song needs to be redone, and second, man alive Gwen's an awful singer.  At least her own songs likely highlight whatever range she has...
curious--do you think the song doesn't need to be redone because it was done right the first time, or because it's a crap song?

I agree with you about Gwen and had the exact same thought about her singing her own songs only...

I only had it on as crap background, anyway, while I was making dinner, then RHett came home with the 6 CDs he bought for $3 and took over...

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2003, 11:17:00 am »
i met Gwen stefani in Montgomery Mall in 1994

she was quite a hottie. just thought I'd share.

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2003, 11:23:00 am »
Was she getting her ears pierced at Claires?

Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  i met Gwen stefani in Montgomery Mall in 1994

she was quite a hottie. just thought I'd share.

markie

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2003, 11:42:00 am »
Originally posted by Guiny:
  I was flipping thru the channels and the only thing i saw was Evanascence performing, i have to admit they did a pretty good job. I wont admit that often about a HFS type song so dont expect to many more in the future.
Guiny, you have awful taste in music. but for once I agree with you. Out of the whole suckfest, Evanescence put on the best show.

Bags

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2003, 11:46:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  First time I've heard a Foo Fighters song, but based on what I saw, they're not immune to the sucking.

It was ALL worth it.  
[/b]
The performance was not good, I think due to the sound and the mix.  But certainly Foo aren't immune to people not liking them.  You take Wilco, I'll take Foo.    :)

Bags

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2003, 11:48:00 am »
Kind of both, Celeste.  If it was going to be done, then Talk Talk's version is fine...it's not a good song, though.  Proven last night, I believe.

Originally posted by Celeste:

...Started out with No Doubt doing an AWFUL cover of Talk Talk's "It's My Life."  First, like that song needs to be redone, and second, man alive Gwen's an awful singer.  At least her own songs likely highlight whatever range she has...
curious--do you think the song doesn't need to be redone because it was done right the first time, or because it's a crap song?

I agree with you about Gwen and had the exact same thought about her singing her own songs only...
  [/b]

mankie

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2003, 11:50:00 am »

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

It was ALL worth it.  
[/b]
The performance was not good, I think due to the sound and the mix.  But certainly Foo aren't immune to people not liking them.  You take Wilco, I'll take Foo.     :)  [/b]
Not a huge fan of either but at least my ears don't bleed when I hear Foo.

We lasted about 10 minutes of the awards show last night then put something else on and just flicked back once in a while.... it continued to remain shite.

Guiny

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2003, 01:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:

Originally posted by Guiny:
Guiny, you have awful taste in music. but for once I agree with you. Out of the whole suckfest, Evanescence put on the best show. [/b]
Wow someone mark the date that Markie and I finally agreed on something   :cool: