Author Topic: E of DM!  (Read 10995 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: E of DM!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 08:42:00 am »
I meant vocal wise on some songs...I actually can't get into Duke Spirit at all.

Yes, Charlie. It is wrong.  :)
(_|_)

serpent boy

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 10:11:00 am »
I REALLY want to go see this show, but the 11:45 EODM start time and getting up at 6 a.m. is just too much.

The recent setlist looks good. It has more PLDM than I expected. And although I like "Torpedo," I'm more shocked that "High Voltage" wasn't played.

Best music video ever ("Solid Gold"):
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx005f_cAVI

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 12:46:00 pm »
wish josh homme were going to be there  :(
nothx

hutch

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »
shows how little i know..i thought josh homme was always there when they played....

RustyOrgan

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 01:49:00 pm »
me:  Late Doors 10:00
 The Duke Spirit 10:30
 Eagles Of Death Metal 11:45
 meagan:  fuck that
 i don't like them enough
 if i didn't have work tomorrow
 and it were at the black cat
 i'd be more interested in going
 i have too much shit to do to be dead tired after work tomorrow, let alone all day at work
 if i were the band i'd be pissed
 all because they're trying to maximize profits by having 2 shows in one night
 they might as well play in baltimore earlier in the evening then drive down here for their DC show
 if 930 club can have 2 shows in one night, so should they
 this is what i would bitch about if i had time to be on 930 club board all day

azaghal1981

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »
How can anyone prefer the black cat and the main room's tinny sound to the club?
احمد

Arthwys

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 02:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  How can anyone prefer the black cat and the main room's tinny sound to the club?
Much greater band-crowd interaction possible.  I like being able to literally sit on the stage until the first band comes out, and being so close to what's going on that I'm almost in amongst the band.  Also it enables artists to dive in all the easier.  Ever seen British Sea Power close out a show there?  Good stuff.
Emrys

azaghal1981

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »
I have not. Knew I should've went to that show last spring/summer.
احمد

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »
The band is practically in front of your face.

Seeing THe Hives there was one of the best concert experiences ever. Not to mention one of the best live acts around.
‼‼?‼‼

bearman🐻

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 03:18:00 pm »
That Hives show was indeed pretty fantastic...VERY sweaty, one of the more interactive shows I've seen there. Same thing with the Germs, except even more insane. The Black Cat is definitely good for certain shows.

Cali

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »
sam, think i'll get there at 10 or just before so i dont have to stand in the freezing cold too long. how are the EoDM fans, will they all be there really early? i need to be up close for duke

hutch

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 03:27:00 pm »
As Bearman says its "good for certain shows" but I wouldn't make a career of it... ALso the fact the whole place is cash only, the staff too cool for school (and usually unhelpful with the notable exception of Bud the bartender who is the nicest guy), the sound not that great, the sightlines poor unless you are up front, etc... all mean the place is pretty low on the totem pole..

Also lets face it, since the 930 moved in they just don't book much of interest...

Its the 930 club's minor league franchise.... some players make it up to the 930, some stay there forever, and some give up and get a real job

azaghal1981

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 03:35:00 pm »
The staff have all been really cool to me. My only real beef is with the sound upstairs.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 03:46:00 pm »
  The staff have all been really cool to me. My only real beef is with the sound upstairs.
here's a timely example then for you!

last night i was walking on 14th.. some band named the aquabats was playing and there was a HUGE LINE..i mean the kind of line you see sometimes on saturday nights... all i wanted was to get a beer and hang out a bit in the red room.. kindly asked young girl working there by door if i had to do the line and that all i wanted was to go to the red room..

sure enough she said yeah.

thats helpful? thats retarded.. they have two doors for pete's sake.

they really don't know how to run a business.. no credit cards in 2008?????

i just hope they stay open as they are a good addition to the city and more imporatantly my neighborhood. they definitely play a role...and every few months they have a show i really want to see.. like gene ween band

i've been going there since 1994 so i definitely care about the place and i've seen some killer shows there and i know dante's heart is in the right place..but they just don't know what they are doing.. and that goes for everything about the place.. at the silver jews/monotonix show my friend orders some of that food from the whats it called food place and it took like 45 minutes.. he missed most of monotonix.

azaghal1981

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2008, 04:06:00 pm »
The cafe is pretty damn slow. I'll give you that.

Was it after 8 when you got there? They are totally closed until 8 and once they open, the line tends to move fairly quickly.
احمد