Author Topic: Completely off topic parking question  (Read 2310 times)

Bags

Completely off topic parking question
« on: May 03, 2005, 05:52:00 pm »
Parking in the District, not for the club.  Is there any way to look up whether a particular street allows parking during rush hour?

Random Citizen

Re: Completely off topic parking question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 08:01:00 pm »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 09:13:00 pm »
Incoming!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 07:18:00 am »
On a somewhat related issue.....Clamping! What genius dreamed that one up? ...so you parked illegaly to nip into the drycleaners, which I'm not defending, but blocking traffic for say, 5-10 mins. Some chump then comes along and installs a device on your car, the result being that your car is now blocking traffic for hours and hours!!!!!

HOV lanes.... if they improve traffic flow why not just make every lane on the beltway HOV, that way it would run as smoothly as Brands Hatch during F1 practice laps!  :roll:

sonickteam2

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 08:29:00 am »
how can this topic be "off-topic" if a new topic was started to talk about it?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 08:42:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam3:
Yeah...especially when parking/cars/busses/transportation is such a hot topic around here.  Still waiting for Chimbly to check in.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 08:53:00 am »
Originally posted by Fine French Chaz:

Yeah...especially when parking/cars/busses/transportation is such a hot topic around here.  Still waiting for Chimbly to check in. [/b]
Sssssssh, don't mention *ot *opic*......you know who will be back.

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 08:58:00 am »
yeah baby

jkeisenh

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 02:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:
  Sssssssh, don't mention *ot *opic*......you know who will be back.
I've spent the last several hours trying to figure out what *ot *opic* could be, seeing as how our favorite store has no * at the end.  Hmm.  I'm perplexed.

But, you called?  Here, let me make this easy.
 Cars blah blah blah trains blah buses blah bikes woo hoo blah blah blah suburbs blah beer.
 Beer beer beer.
 Blah.

Bags

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 03:03:00 pm »
I meant it had nothing to do with music or parking at the Club.  My you can be ornery....   ;)

myuman

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 04:38:00 pm »
  On a somewhat related issue.....Clamping! What genius dreamed that one up? ...so you parked illegaly to nip into the drycleaners, which I'm not defending, but blocking traffic for say, 5-10 mins. Some chump then comes along and installs a device on your car, the result being that your car is now blocking traffic for hours and hours!!!!!

Sort of like our beloved American Football referees stopping everything to announce a delay of game.  Or capital punishment, as if that will somehow lessen the initial crime.  Of course the thinking is, if people know their car could get clamped, maybe they'll think otherwise.  You'd think they'd just slash the tires (saves on clamp expenses) or just blow the darned thing up (really "learn ya").

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 06:00:00 am »
Braille on drive-through ATM's!!!! What's up with that?....In Ireland I could understand it going by the way a large percentage drive.

They are different than the DC area drivers. In DC they're just arrogant bastards cutting in without signals, speeding up so you can't pull in, even though you've been signalling your intentions for the last 10 miles, running red lights because their time is more important than yours etc. In Ireland they're just awful. In fact, the EU has 'suggested' that unless Irish driving improves, the Irish DL will not be recognized in other EU countries......now that's BAD[/]

sonickteam2

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 08:52:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:

I meant it had nothing to do with music or parking at the Club.  My you can be ornery....    ;)  [/b]
why does everyone say that?  wierd....

JonParker

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 07:45:00 pm »
 [QB] Braille on drive-through ATM's!!!! What's up with that?....In Ireland I could understand it going by the way a large percentage drive.
Because economy dictates that they don't make separate keyboards for drive-through and walk-ups. That would be silly.

jkeisenh

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 11:56:00 am »
Originally posted by JonParker:

[QB] Braille on drive-through ATM's!!!! What's up with that?....In Ireland I could understand it going by the way a large percentage drive.
Because economy dictates that they don't make separate keyboards for drive-through and walk-ups. That would be silly. [/b]
though it was just pointed out to me today that blind people can't use american money very easily, since it's all the same size.  most foreign nations make bigger bills for higher value, making it possible for blind people to feel what they're handing out.  here in the US, they've got no such help.