Author Topic: who's got the new s***  (Read 3142 times)

ssmith

who's got the new s***
« on: February 22, 2004, 02:36:00 am »
so they keep sayin baltimore/washington has the hottest new music scene around... so whats up kids? who have you heard ...good and bad...

ratioci nation

Re: who's got the new s***
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 02:39:00 am »
who the hell says that?

ssmith

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 02:46:00 am »
i keep reading in magazines how it's  gonna blow up...

Jaguär

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 03:38:00 am »
Which magazines?

I did read on an international site that the East Coast of the US is the epicenter for the Shoegazing Revival, or the Nu-Gazers. That surprised me a little bit because I had been thinking it was in Southern California and parts of Washington State and Oregon.

One thing that I had noticed for a long time now is that Insound often features recordings by Baltimore/DC bands. Insound has been getting a lot more national and international recognition lately so maybe they have been inadvertantly helping us out a lot.

This sort of reminds me of the late 70s when the Baltimore/DC/NYC corridor was extremely rich and vital in the New Wave/Punk scene though it was usually only NYC that got the recognition or most of the breaks. You young'uns and later transplants missed a great time within the local music scene.

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 04:02:00 am »
Originally posted by mamfers:
  i keep reading in magazines how it's  gonna blow up...
Mad Magazine?

flawd101

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 03:30:00 pm »
it wont blow up.....bands will pop out every once and a while...

ssmith

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 08:59:00 pm »
good point flawd101...

i was just trying to get some new music tips but obviously people are more interested in my ability to read than what is actually going on...  so,  if anyone has any real good local bands they would like to share please do so, otherwise, dont worry what magazines i read.  i thought this forum would be a good place to talk good music with people who really do like music, but some of you have shown me i was wrong.    so please feel free to share i would really like to know about the local scene around here because i am new to the area and very curious.  if i see any local bands i will definatly share, good and bad....

ratioci nation

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2004, 09:13:00 pm »
  good point flawd101...

i was just trying to get some new music tips but obviously people are more interested in my ability to read than what is actually going on...  so,  if anyone has any real good local bands they would like to share please do so, otherwise, dont worry what magazines i read.  i thought this forum would be a good place to talk good music with people who really do like music, but some of you have shown me i was wrong.    so please feel free to share i would really like to know about the local scene around here because i am new to the area and very curious.  if i see any local bands i will definatly share, good and bad....
or you could just say where you heard the local scene was about to get big, people talk about local bands all the time on here, but you started by saying the local scene is going to be big here, if people actually thought that I would be interested to hear about it

ssmith

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004, 09:21:00 pm »
for god sakes...sorry i got so involved... all i want is to here of some good local bands...
 i read a lot of music mags and i dont remember EXACTLY where i read it but i've heard it a few different times.  if this question is too difficult for you people nevermind... i'll try someplace else.
  i am new to the area and the 9:30 club is the first place i went to party. i liked the vibe and the music and thought the forum would help me find some local bands....  thanx anyway

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2004, 09:29:00 pm »
here are a couple resoures for local bands

www.bigyawn.net washington post
T.Rex

ratioci nation

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2004, 09:29:00 pm »
  for god sakes...sorry i got so involved... all i want is to here of some good local bands...
 i read a lot of music mags and i dont remember EXACTLY where i read it but i've heard it a few different times.  if this question is too difficult for you people nevermind... i'll try someplace else.
  i am new to the area and the 9:30 club is the first place i went to party. i liked the vibe and the music and thought the forum would help me find some local bands....  thanx anyway
for god sakes...I am just asking you where you heard it

ssmith

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 09:37:00 pm »
i read a lot of music mags and i dont remember EXACTLY where i read it but i've heard it a few different times  
thanx kosmo vinyl... i'll check it out there...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2004, 09:38:00 pm »
T.Rex

walkman

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2004, 10:20:00 pm »
what are you into?  It's not like DC just has one local scene...

ssmith

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2004, 10:31:00 pm »
i'm really into everything... but mostly jazz, funk, rock .... anything that makes you move