Author Topic: Nikki Sudden R.I.P.  (Read 1228 times)

mrpee

Nikki Sudden R.I.P.
« on: March 27, 2006, 10:39:00 pm »
Let's all cue up 'Read About Seymour' on three...one, two...

NEW YORK, NY, United States (UPI) -- Influential rocker Nikki Sudden of Swell Maps died after a weekend show at New York`s Knitting Factory at age 49.

The cause of Sudden`s Saturday night death has not been released, Chris Swanson of the record label, Secretly Canadian, told Billboard.com Monday.

Sudden had just finished a solo album 'The Truth Doesn`t Matter,' and had been scheduled to play in London Wednesday with hand band, the Jacobites. The group said it would play as a memorial to Sudden.

Secretly Canadian had recently reissued 10 of Sudden`s albums.

Sudden and his brother, Epic Soundtracks, created Swell Maps in the late 1970s. Soundtracks died in 1997 of unknown causes, Billboard.com said.

Swanson said Sudden was almost finished with his autobiography, 'The Last Bandit,' when he died.

Re: Nikki Sudden R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 09:06:00 am »
I wonder...did he suffer very long, or was the end sudden?

Guiny

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 10:53:00 am »
Who?

BookerT

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 10:54:00 am »
y'know, outside of a few songs, the swell maps never really did all that much for me. better in theory than in actuality. but that stuff he did w/dave kusworth as the jacobites in the mid-'80s ... doesn't get much better than that.

Arlette

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 11:19:00 am »
Originally posted by FREE RANDY CUNNINGHAM:
  I wonder...did he suffer very long, or was the end sudden?
Died in bed after returning to his hotel room at 7am on Sunday after a show in NYC and a night of partying.  Sudden, unexpected death.  No firm word on cause of death.