Author Topic: Macworld  (Read 23806 times)

kcjones119

Re: Macworld
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2005, 04:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by My Cat Can DJ:

Originally posted by kcjones119:
  the mac mini looks cooler than most people i know.  
Geez, my grandma's vacuum cleaner looks cooler than most of the people *I* know! [/b]
I declare "old timey spinning blade lawnmower" coolest looking grandparent-owned household device.

joz

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2005, 04:13:00 pm »
  why they're so great, let me count the ways: iPod and Apple computers look cool, work great, are user friendly, have fantastic support and are not succeptable to a lot of the problems that microsoft/pc computers are (spyware, etc).
for a lot of my friends who regretfully bought PCs within the past couple of years that have since been destroyed by viruses, the mac mini is a great option.  all they do is invest $500 for an 80GB G4 and hook up their now useless keyboard, mouse and monitor.  kcjones (btw, is your name a celtics reference or the greatful dead?...i'd like to think it's the former) was exactly right...the support and lack of issues (spyware, viruses, etc.) is a big draw.  once you go mac, you never go back.

kcjones119

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2005, 04:17:00 pm »
Kenneth Carroll Jones be the name although I do have a KC Jones basketball card (coaching for the Sonics) taped to my bedroom door.

joz

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2005, 04:26:00 pm »
  Kenneth Carroll Jones be the name although I do have a KC Jones basketball card (coaching for the Sonics) taped to my bedroom door.
close enough i guess...were the 'rents deadheads to boot? i guess that song is casey jones tho not kc jones.

kcjones119

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2005, 04:28:00 pm »
they weren't, but i also go by casey because it's a family name and Irish people are crazy.

markie

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2005, 04:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  i STILL don't get why everyone likes them so much.

i just dont.   and i am assuming i never will.
I was like you, till I owned one. I would never have given full price for one. I got mine 2nd hand. Now I cannot immagine being without it and would rush out and buy a new one the instant my old one died or got lost.

markie

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2005, 04:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by econo:
  It seems that Markie's under the impression that people only buy things they need.  Consumers have been eating up iPods for the past year.  A cheaper product in the market only helps the consumer buy one.
Not at all. But there are a gazillion flash based players out there already. The shuffle is jumping into a full market and all that it is bringing to the table is its itunes integration and name.

I guess Pollard is right though. I didnt think the name that important, but right now, if I wanted a flash based player I would get the shuffle.......

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2005, 04:38:00 pm »
I can get shoutcast streams on my cell phone (treo) with pocket tunes.  It's pretty damn cool.  
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by Xmasie Markie:
  The big announcement is the phone deal with motorola. It lloks like motorola phones will run a version of itunes. Alhough mac geeks are still hoping the whole phone and interface will be of apple design......
I did hear the new 3G phones were incredible.  Video and streaming music delivered at DSL speeds to your cell phone (in America, finally!).  Likely to be a part of the Motorola plan for Sprint and Verizon customers. [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2005, 04:44:00 pm »
  I was like you
what a frightening place that must have been for you.

well, you survived.

perhaps i will own an Ipod one day. if for nothing else to pretend i am staying in touch with all those new fangled devices coming out these days!

vansmack

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2005, 04:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:
  I can get shoutcast streams on my cell phone (treo) with pocket tunes.  It's pretty damn cool.  
It's been available to Treo's and Pocket PC Cell phones for a while, and yes, it's super cool!

These are for your standard size, run of the mill cell phones:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6792003/
27>34

markie

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2005, 04:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

I was like you
what a frightening place that must have been for you.

[/b]
I banned all mirrors.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2005, 10:42:00 pm »
i don't like the ipod thing, it can only suffle? i'm too much of a control freak. the mini thing could be cool, i might be interested in that, if i don't end up going for the newer g5 imac
o/\o

joz

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2005, 10:56:00 am »
for those who doubted...it's an ishuffle frenzy!

shuffle stampede

vansmack

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2005, 02:00:00 pm »
A little click happy this morning.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2005, 02:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by joz:
  for those who doubted...it's an ishuffle frenzy!

shuffle stampede
100 on opening day is nothing to write home about.  The place was packed because people were looking for the Mini Mac.  Hell, even I stopped by to see if it was there, and I would never buy one.  BTW, it wasn't there.
27>34