Author Topic: Sonar Baltimore  (Read 2207 times)

Vas Deferens

Sonar Baltimore
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:46:00 am »
Is it smoking or non-smoking inside? Thanks.
(_|_)

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
Re: Sonar Baltimore
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 12:22:00 pm »
Definitely can smoke inside...in fact it's pretty bad in the big main room since the ceiling isn't very high.

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 12:23:00 pm »
What about the ceiling of the club stage?
(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 12:35:00 pm »
Picture a wider and slightly longer version of the Black Cat. My guess is that Sonar holds about 200 or so more people. The ceiling is a bit higher at Sonar, maybe by about 4 or 5 feet but not much more. The smoke at the Social D show at Sonar was a bit much for me to handle. I enjoyed the Philly show at TLA much more because they didn't allow smoking.

mbg73

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 01:39:00 pm »
The club stage holds maybe 300 people.  The main stage holds probably around 1,000 people if they pack 'em in.  Both rooms have been really, really smoky every time I've been there.

distance

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 01:51:00 pm »
and the sound sucks compared to 930.

i don't really have any plans to go to sonar again.

smoke + bad sound + having to deal with the beltway = way too much effort for the outcome.

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 02:08:00 pm »
thats how i feel about 930

(well , minus the bad sound and smoke, hehehe)

i hate the beltway!  both of em!

distance

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 02:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:

coming from richmond, i don't have to deal with the beltway.   the air circulates much better @ 930, so even without the smoking ban the 930 is smoke-free compared to sonar.

i've been to venues in all sorts of parts of the us/canada and 930 is definitely one of my favorites for a variety of reasons.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 06:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  Picture a wider and slightly longer version of the Black Cat. My guess is that Sonar holds about 200 or so more people. The ceiling is a bit higher at Sonar, maybe by about 4 or 5 feet but not much more. The smoke at the Social D show at Sonar was a bit much for me to handle. I enjoyed the Philly show at TLA much more because they didn't allow smoking.
Black Cat legally can only hold 660 people upstairs. Sonar easily holds 1000 in their main room. The club room as someone mentioned holds about 300-400, but the sound is very loud in there. The overall sound of the main room has been better since the purchase of some of Nation's old EAW speakers. I was pretty surprised at how well KMFDM sounded.

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 11:30:00 am »
Originally posted by distance:

Originally posted by le sonick:

coming from richmond, i don't have to deal with the beltway.   the air circulates much better @ 930, so even without the smoking ban the 930 is smoke-free compared to sonar.

i've been to venues in all sorts of parts of the us/canada and 930 is definitely one of my favorites for a variety of reasons. [/b]
damn ,you know what? i dont have to deal with the beltway going to DC either, haha.  what was i thinking.  i guess i am just lazy.  crap.