Author Topic: Happy Halloween  (Read 1568 times)

SPARX

Re: Happy Halloween
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 03:53:00 pm »
It is necessary for Christians to realize that Halloween is not the innocent holiday that many, even Christians, believe it to be . . . We, as Christians, must properly discern the spirit of Halloween and respond in a way that would honor our God - the God of the Bible.

Satan's goal is to blind our minds, that we cannot adequately recognize his strategy, and to deceive us, that we might worship him (Satan) rather than our creator. (Matthew 4:9, 2 Corinthians 4:4, Revelations 12:9)

There are a number of creative alternatives that can be drawn upon.  Many churches have met the social need of young people by holding fall carnivals and having the children come in biblical costume.

Church youth groups sponsor bowling or skating parties and other fun activities to offer alternatives for older youth.  The planned program, varied as it may be, should honor God and make an intentional effort not to honor Satan.
  linky

Guiny

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 04:02:00 pm »
What's so scary about biblical costumes?  Could you imagine a haunted church? That would be so cool.

K8teebug

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 04:23:00 pm »
I've been to a haunted church.  It was scary.

"fall carnivals" are bullshit.  JUST CALL IT HALLOWEEN.

I think it's so funny that Christians will put a tree up in their house at Christmas time, which is a total carry over from the pagan days, but they make such a damn fuss over Halloween.

Jesus.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 04:29:00 pm »
I think it's so funny that many adults take Halloween very, very seriously.  They should also dress up like rabbits on Easter.

vassego

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 05:55:00 pm »