Author Topic: 2008 Bonnaro Lineup  (Read 7867 times)

Chulahoma

2008 Bonnaro Lineup
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:28:00 am »
June 12-15, 2008
 Tickets on Sale Feb 16 @ Noon

Pearl Jam Metallica Jack Johnson Kanye West Robert Plant and Alison Krauss featuring T-Bone Burnett Phil Lesh & Friends My Morning Jacket The Allman Brothers Band The Raconteurs Willie Nelson Death Cab for Cutie B.B. King Sigur Ros Levon Helm and the Ramble on the Road Ben Folds O.A.R. The Bluegrass Allstars Featuring Luke Bulla, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Bela fleck, Edgar Meyer & Brya M.I.A. Umphrey's McGee Iron & Wine Yonder Mountain String Band The Swell Season Talib Kweli Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi's Soul Stew Revival Gogol Bordello Broken Social Scene Robert Randolph's Revival Rilo Kiley Mastodon Lupe Fiasco Against Me! Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings Pat Green Ozomatli Tegan & Sara Solomon Burke Drive-By Truckers !!! The Avett Brothers Israel Vibration Abigail Washburn & The Sparrow Quartet featuring Bela Fleck Aimee Mann Ladytron The Fiery Furnaces Orchestra Baobab Ghostland Observatory Jose Gonzalez Dark Star Orchestra Minus the Bear Donavon Frankenreiter Lez Zeppelin State Radio Battles Jakob Dylan Two Gallants The Sword Vampire Weekend Little Feat Nicole Atkins The Felice Brothers Mason Jennings MGMT The Lee Boys Black Kids Serena Ryder Steel Train Grupo Fantasma Back Door Slam Bonnaroo Late Night Chat About with David Cross Janeane Garofalo Zach Galifianakis Jim Norton Brian Posehn Mike Birbiglia John Mulaney Michelle Buteau

helicon1

Re: 2008 Bonnaro Lineup
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:46:00 am »
Besides Plant/Krauss, "Yawn"

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 08:30:00 am »
"Sigur Ros"

Hey seth?
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 09:47:00 am »
Eight to ten bands that I certainly can see  under otherwise much more ideal conditions to don't make it worth the trip, the heat, etc...
T.Rex

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 09:54:00 am »
My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by kosmo:
  Eight to ten bands that I certainly can see  under otherwise much more ideal conditions to don't make it worth the trip, the heat, etc...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 10:06:00 am »
  Eight to ten bands that I certainly can see  under otherwise much more ideal conditions
i also feel this way, but the following bands are not necessarily going to to be playing anywhere nearby:
 Pearl Jam
 Robert Plant and Alison Krauss
 Sigur Ros
 Metallica

i'm not saying that all of the above are worthy of a road trip, but the chance to see them in one place does has its attractions.

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  "Sigur Ros"

Hey seth?
please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please.  thanks.
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 10:13:00 am »
I love the Black Kids. Hoping for a US tour soon, as they're in Europe right now.
oword

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 10:17:00 am »
Disagree about Pearl Jam, a recent Ten Club email hints at the band having a very busy year.

Don't get me wrong, I found Bonnaro to be a well organized festival... But, depending on the schedule it gets damn near impossible to see some of the headliners and bigger acts from a decent vantage point if you are wandering between the other stages.  Plus, the only mainstage headliner I'm truly interested in seeing is PJ, but membership has it's privileges for me on their own tour.
T.Rex

lukiedookie89

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 10:32:00 am »
I think the lineup is great, or at least on par with last year's. I'm getting excited.

Edit: What's with  this article? It was written on the same day the lineup was announced...confirm or debunk, anyone?

Arthwys

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 10:39:00 am »
"Edit: What's with this article? It was written on the same day the lineup was announced...confirm or debunk, anyone?"

I think this is a massive oops, as the lineup has "Lez Zeppelin".  It's an all female Led Zeppelin cover band.
Emrys

MonkeyPants

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 10:39:00 am »
  Disagree about Pearl Jam, a recent Ten Club email hints at the band having a very busy year.

When did the email go out?  *suspects it got caught in the spam filter*
PANTS

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 10:45:00 am »
Originally posted by Arthwys:
  "Edit: What's with this article? It was written on the same day the lineup was announced...confirm or debunk, anyone?"

I think this is a massive oops, as the lineup has "Lez Zeppelin".  It's an all female Led Zeppelin cover band.
Why is that an oops, seeing as Led Zeppelin was rumoured as once playing the festival, why not schedule a tribute band because the real thing isn't available.

PJ have confirmed...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 10:48:00 am »
Originally posted by MyraEllen:

When did the email go out?  *suspects it got caught in the spam filter* [/b]
jan 11... all this talk got me to re-up my membership and i suggest everyone do the same..
T.Rex

amnesiac

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 10:54:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  "Sigur Ros"

Hey seth?

There's a rumor floating around that they may play All Points West. Them and Radiohead would be amazing...

amnesiac

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 10:55:00 am »
(Double post deleted)