Author Topic: Forum Holiday Party 12/22  (Read 47287 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Forum Holiday Party 12/22
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2003, 10:12:00 am »
a HUGE thanks to everyone that came out it was a great evening.  well at least i think so, seeing as i was doing my dj harry potter impression.  a good dj is heard but not seen  :D  

thanks to the shadrach, evilsatan, eddie, that guy, twangirl and the rest of 9:30 staph that allowed us to use the backbar for the evening and put up with our hi-jinks.

in addition to doing "snoopy vs red baron", the royal guardsmen did "snoopy's christmas", which is availabe on the p2p networks.  would have downloaded it, but was feeling that i didn't want to be branded a criminal at the moment.

thanks again we'll have to do some other time... the debut of swagger perhaps?
T.Rex

Celeste

« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2003, 10:32:00 am »
Yes, thank you, Kosmo, for organizing it all and Shadrach for tending bar...that red shot drink cured my oncoming cold

We had fun and it was nice to meet many of the posters in person...would have liked to meet more!

redsock

« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2003, 10:53:00 am »
Definite big thanks to Seth + Kosmo for getting this party started. Much thanks to Shadrach for the drinks, and thatguy for passing up on an opportunity to keep one of mankie's not-so-hot presents, so I got them both. (should I be happy about this?)

And mucho thanks to twangirl for talking up Exit Clov! It made my night. And who knew if you hang out at the club long enough you get birthday cake.

Celeste

« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2003, 11:03:00 am »
Seriously, about Exit Clov...I was ready to be underwhelmed but I actually thought they sounded pretty good. Unique sound, sweet, lush vocals, interesting musical subtleties...
 Thanks for sharing the CDs with the group!

« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2003, 11:10:00 am »
Yes, thanks to all who were involved in organizing the thing. It was a spur of the moment decision for us to go, but I'm glad we did. Good to meet some more board nerds, and see some of the old ones. Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk to everyone.

Twangirl, good or bad, tell us the Wilco story!

And I was a little disappointed I didn't get to see a meeting of Seth and Mankie.

Dandy01

« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2003, 11:24:00 am »
Originally posted by Sir HC:

Originally posted by Dandy01:
   hey, you can bring that book you were talking about..
Which book?  Internet was down most of the day so couldn't get this out sooner.  I think the punk books (hell I will fill the trunk with the possibilities). [/b]
Didn't see this til today, but you did just fine without my reply; thanks for bringing it.  
 It was great to meet you all!

mankie

« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2003, 11:47:00 am »
Well I was there, Seth obviously chickened out!   ;)  

I want to know how markie got his shiner.

I also want to know why kurosawa gave me a dirty look.

Redsock, you get two lame cd's from me and I get one from you..a good christmas one and all! (or whatever it was Tiny Tim said)

Rhett, like me, married way out his league didn't he?..being opinionated and not politically correct must be a turn on for the babes!

Bunglebud, you should be a DJ, you have the perfect face for radio!

Lulu....was it hot in there or just YOU? (you look mavalos)

I thought we may have seen Dupek seeing as the judge finally granted him un-supervised parole.

Thatguy, thanks for the boddies. I was feeling a bit dodgy to be honest but can't turn down a free beer...they'd never let me back in Manchester if word got out I had.

It was nice to meet everyone and put a face to the user names, wish I could've stayed longer but the retirement home has 11:00pm  curfew!

bungle bud

« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2003, 12:36:00 pm »
tosser  ;)

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2003, 12:58:00 pm »
I'm glad I made it to the party. It was fun to see almost everyone and somehow I ended up with two gifts (thanks, Brennser!). The Bowie is quite good!

And Mankie, I didn't give you a dirty look! (Come on, it's me you are talking about. The one who is always teased for being too nice.) I wasn't feeling well, so maybe you misinterpreted... You left before I could say hello.

See you all in the New Year!

P.S. Thanks for the Exit Clov CD, redsock. I will give it a listen tonight.

markie

« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2003, 01:16:00 pm »
That was a fun night.

Thanks to all the organisers for bringing the good times.

Thanks to Bungle for bringing the CDs

Thanks to Kosmo for the tunes

Thanks to Samantha for bringing her mum

Thanks to Redsock for the ride home

Thanks to Shadrach for the hangover

It was great to meet some new loons.

mankie

« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2003, 01:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
  That was a fun night.

Thanks to all the organisers for bringing the good times.

Thanks to Bungle for bringing the CDs

Thanks to Kosmo for the tunes

Thanks to Samantha for bringing her mum

Thanks to Redsock for the ride home

Thanks to Shadrach for the hangover

It was great to meet some new loons.
When did Samantha and her mum show up?.....I would've taken a Tylenol and stuck around longer if I'd known!

thirsty moore

« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2003, 01:24:00 pm »
It was good to see you all last night.  Many thanks to the 930, Kosmo, and Shadrach.

I'll keep my eye out for regulars next show I go to.

Good choice in The Warlocks Samantha.  I listened to some of it last night.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2003, 01:30:00 pm »
I feel like sh*t!! What a great night! Thanks to all our beloved organizers and our super bartender and lastly the "kosmo christmas mix"......thru my alcohol induced haze I do recall "Birth,School,Work,Death"....some Godfathers to get me in the holiday spirit indeed.....talk to ya in the near future....cheers!

lily1

« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2003, 01:30:00 pm »
right after i met samantha, that's the next thing i said to her--how disappointed you'd be today mankie, that you didn't have a chance to meet your dear samantha.

Originally posted by mankie:

When did Samantha and her mum show up?.....I would've taken a Tylenol and stuck around longer if I'd known! [/QB][/QUOTE]

lily1

« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2003, 01:32:00 pm »
wow, my book got regifted that quickly?  :D

it IS a good book!

Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  I'm glad I made it to the party. It was fun to see almost everyone and somehow I ended up with two gifts (thanks, Brennser!). The Bowie is quite good!