Author Topic: Ulrich Schnauss Roll Call  (Read 14054 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Ulrich Schnauss Roll Call
« on: June 24, 2008, 10:29:00 am »
i haven't been following a lot of threads, sorry if somethings already going for this ... really looking forward to this show, especially in such a small venue

any thoughts on if it will sell out?  no way to get advance tickets, right?
(o|o)

lancha

Re: Ulrich Schnauss Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 10:35:00 am »
i'd be there in a hearbeat if it was 18+.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:41:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
  any thoughts on if it will sell out?  no way to get advance tickets, right?
Snailhook said it would, and no, no advance tickets.

If I get there in time, I'll be there.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:45:00 am »
Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:
  Snailhook said it would
link?
(o|o)

Sage 703

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 10:49:00 am »
sorry - as i'm sure it is posted on here somewhere - but when is this show again?

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 10:51:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:

Snailhook said it would
link? [/b]
He told me in a PM.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 10:52:00 am »
i'm all in.

need me to grab a ticket for you?  i should be there early enough.  does the velvet sell actual tickets, or does one pay and get a stamp?  maybe i can SweetTalk™ the door-person into accepting payment for two, and giving you your stamp when you arrive... or put your name on a list as having paid, thereby ensuring your entry... lemme know.

Originally posted by callat703:
  sorry - as i'm sure it is posted on here somewhere - but when is this show again?
this friday, at the velvet lounge.  would love to see you there.  bring your black turtleneck.
<sig>

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 10:52:00 am »
Friday night.

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 10:54:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  need me to grab a ticket for you?  i should be there early enough.  does the velvet sell actual tickets, or does one pay and get a stamp?  maybe i can SweetTalk&trade; the door-person into accepting payment for two, and giving you your stamp when you arrive... or put your name on a list as having paid, thereby ensuring your entry... lemme know.

I would need two is the only problem. I think they hand stamp, but I could be wrong. If we could work something out, I'd definitely be up for it.

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 10:57:00 am »
I don't understand why more small venues like this don't do some sort of low-price advance ticketing. They could charge $10 for tickets + a 1.30 etix fee and everyone who bought tickets would just be on a guestlist when they show up. It's so much more convenient for those of us traversing the nation.

azaghal1981

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 11:04:00 am »
So there.  :D

And no, they don't have hard tickets.
احمد

Sage 703

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 11:06:00 am »
  I don't understand why more small venues like this don't do some sort of low-price advance ticketing. They could charge $10 for tickets + a 1.30 etix fee and everyone who bought tickets would just be on a guestlist when they show up. It's so much more convenient for those of us traversing the nation.
Then you have to have somebody on staff to handle it, as well as a system that can process and manage incoming orders...much easier said than done.

Sage 703

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 11:09:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  i'm all in.

need me to grab a ticket for you?  i should be there early enough.  does the velvet sell actual tickets, or does one pay and get a stamp?  maybe i can SweetTalk&trade; the door-person into accepting payment for two, and giving you your stamp when you arrive... or put your name on a list as having paid, thereby ensuring your entry... lemme know.

this friday, at the velvet lounge.  would love to see you there.  bring your black turtleneck. [/b]
Can I wear a black hoodie and a look of disdain instead?

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 11:16:00 am »
  Then you have to have somebody on staff to handle it, as well as a system that can process and manage incoming orders...much easier said than done.
I've seen lots of cafe's and non-traditional venues in Richmond handle this easily. As I said, a system like etix.com will do most of this cheaply and easily, you set it up to cut off sales 48 hours before the event, and it'll give you a print out of all the names. At a venue like Velvet Lounge that only holds 150 people, this isn't exactly a long list. Then, you simply have whoever is sitting at the door and collecting the cover charge also holding the at-worst 2 page list of names and crossing them off when the people show up. In theory, they have to check id's anyway since most venues of this size are 21+ or 18+. I don't think it's that hard.

Sage 703

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 11:19:00 am »

I've seen lots of cafe's and non-traditional venues in Richmond handle this easily. As I said, a system like etix.com will do most of this cheaply and easily, you set it up to cut off sales 48 hours before the event, and it'll give you a print out of all the names. At a venue like Velvet Lounge that only holds 150 people, this isn't exactly a long list. Then, you simply have whoever is sitting at the door and collecting the cover charge also holding the at-worst 2 page list of names and crossing them off when the people show up. In theory, they have to check id's anyway since most venues of this size are 21+ or 18+. I don't think it's that hard. [/b]
Trust me, as somebody that's worked at a small venue with an in house ticketing system, it can be a big hassle - you've got to train people on the system, you've got to be able to troubleshoot it late at night when something goes wrong, you have to have people that can take a ticket order by phone if the web system is down, etc etc....  I'm not saying it isn't worth doing, but I definitely understand why most venues  of that size (IOTA/Velvet) don't want to deal with it.

Additionally - those services come with fees, which people complain about.  For venues that are already operating on really slim margins, it doesn't make sense to add an additional cost so the few shows that might sell out in advance can benefit...