Author Topic: Bradley, Kurt & Shannon  (Read 8096 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Bradley, Kurt & Shannon
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2008, 08:48:00 pm »
Saw Elliott Smith lots of times. The last time he had long hair and messed up a LOT. It was heartbreaking.

Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
  oh Elliott Smith too, saw him at Field Day Fest in NYC i think...
(_|_)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2008, 10:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  since when was it cool to like Blind Melon? Sublime was OK to like, but Blind Melon....
See, I disagree. Blind Melon is, to me, a benign footnote in the annals of musical history. Benign being the key word. Sublime, though, is a malignant, festering pile of date rape excesses and wanton druggery.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2008, 10:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mobius:

Originally posted by kosmo:

oh yeah - Mike Watt w/ Eddie Vedder (guitar) and Dave Grohl on drums. It was like seeing the Cream of my generation.  Also, the first Foo Fighters Tour (two drum sets) and Hoovercraft (Vedder wearing a mask and "playing drums") [/b]
I saw this show at St. Andrews in Detroit.  One of my favorite shows ever.  It was before their debut was released so the awesomeness of their set was a revelation . . . plus Eddie Vedder's mystique was probably at its peak , , ,

Some others:  Anyone see Guns N Roses w/ Stephen Adler?  Stone Roses w/ Reni?  Libertines w/ Pete Doherty?

[/QB]
Hey I was at that very show!  It was also the show where Grohl meet his first wife.

Yup on the Stephen Adler... It would have been 88 towards the end of touring for Appetite for Destruction and they warmed up for Aerosmith at Pine Knob.  I remember being very unimpressed with them live at that show.  Very sloppy... I suspect they were probably pretty killer live when that record first came out, just managed to miss them prior to the Aerosmith show.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2008, 10:49:00 pm »
I once saw Goodbye Mr. Mackenzie support The Primatives...
T.Rex

Mobius

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2008, 11:21:00 pm »

Hey I was at that very show!  It was also the show where Grohl meet his first wife.

Yup on the Stephen Adler... It would have been 88 towards the end of touring for Appetite for Destruction and they warmed up for Aerosmith at Pine Knob.  I remember being very unimpressed with them live at that show.  Very sloppy... I suspect they were probably pretty killer live when that record first came out, just managed to miss them prior to the Aerosmith show. [/QB]
Cool!  Btw, I think he was already seeing her . . . I remember him mentioning his girlfriend/fiance/wife (forget which) was from around there and that she'd given him the guitar he was playing as a gift.    

Interesting to hear about that GNR tour.  Their show from the Ritz in NYC that MTV used to show from Feb. 88 was totally killer . . . probably their peak

thirsty moore

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2008, 01:10:00 am »
I got dragged to that venue all the time as a little kid by my parents for what I can only imagine to be awful Adult Contemporary stuff.

Pine Knob

nkotb

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2008, 08:51:00 am »
Ditto, but I saw this at Merriweather.  Can't judge it, really...I was too young and too psyched at the time.  Anything would've sounded great.

Yup on the Stephen Adler... It would have been 88 towards the end of touring for Appetite for Destruction and they warmed up for Aerosmith at Pine Knob.  I remember being very unimpressed with them live at that show.  Very sloppy... I suspect they were probably pretty killer live when that record first came out, just managed to miss them prior to the Aerosmith show.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2008, 09:16:00 am »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  since when was it cool to like Blind Melon? Sublime was OK to like, but Blind Melon....
There's nothing wrong with Blind Melon.  Most of their stuff sounds nothing like "No Rain" (although I like that song a lot, too).  Nothing revolutionary about them, but they were a decent enough band.

sonickteam2

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2008, 09:51:00 am »
Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:
   Sublime, though, is a malignant, festering pile of date rape excesses and wanton druggery.
so, in other words, they were a rock and roll band.  

I was never a big fan but they were pretty fun live and I can think of 35 worse 90's band that are unfortunately still around..